Password

Album Review - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 189.
05:43 AM on 10/09/13
awesomo91
I went nowhere, you went gold.
User Info.
What did you think of WSMFY production?
sorry, i already compared both and it's exactly the same production.
also i wrote this after listening to 'right back at it again' which is the only song that sucks because of the production - because i hoped for more from this song.
the energy somehow got lost.
07:32 AM on 10/09/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
It wasn't that. It was me admitting that while I'm not a personal fan of the album, I can see that it's great for what it is.
Oh I gotcha. I do agree with your 7/10 if it is any consolation for my misinterpretation .
08:03 AM on 10/09/13
The Mysterious
Amantas sunt amentes.
User Info.
Yeah, hey. Get the fuck out of here. The breakdowns are awesome, because, guess what? Some of us actually like head-banging, and i love the callouts before breakdowns. On another note, it seems all you highlighted at the end of your review just continually pointed to record sells and money as a tip to ADTR's success. You're a jackass for reviewing this way; take into account that true fans resonate with this record, and these songs. Yes, you're damn right they'll play it over and over again for months, and it'll be the best of the year for them. You know why? Because they're a TRUE fan. You claimed "there isn't any beautiful poetry on this album to be found"...obviously, you don't connecet, and you don't get it. It's the connection to the words, and a connection to the songs. Again, true fans relate to these lyrics and this music. But, i guess this is what you get paid to do. Listen to shit you don't really like and then tell people why you don't think it's good, or do think it is good. Since you didn't directly disrespect ADTR, i'll indirectly tell you what they would probably want to tell you: So, in the words of their lyrics from 2nd sucks GET THE FUCK OVER IT!
Hahaha ohhh my god. Would you like a 59 Fifty cap turned backwards and some Osiris kicks to go with that?
10:05 AM on 10/09/13
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe I'm completely off base here, but does anyone else get a serious Corey Taylor/Stone Sour vibe from "End of Me"?

I don't mean that in a negative way either, I dig the song.
10:18 AM on 10/09/13
heavymtl1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://adf.ly/X8W1k
Album with booklet.
01:18 PM on 10/09/13
allouttapulse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm 5 songs in, and so far i don't hear any similarities to FTWHH.... and I'm not complaining I've just heard people compare it to it.
Seriously? "Sometimes You're the Hammer" and "The Document Speaks for Itself" sound straight off FTWHH.

I know bands like to try new things or play songs outside their traditional genre, and growth as a band is a good thing to aspire to, but personally I think ADTR should just stick to what they do best. It's like Pokemon - yeah, it's not exactly creative anymore and you know what you're gonna get, but it's just more of something great, ven if it is repetitive. I found that the songs that strayed most from their formula on this CD to be the weakest - "End of Me", "Already Gone", and "Best of Me" should have just been left off the record altogether if you ask me. "I Surrender" is decent after repeated listens. The first four tracks are absolutely killer though.
02:44 PM on 10/09/13
zkezia
zKezia
User Info.
You are nutbar factor 7, "BRACE FOR IMPACT!" gave me chills (In a good way)
02:48 PM on 10/09/13
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"End of Me" doesn't fit on this record. It sounds exactly like a butt-rock ballad you'd hear on a mainstream radio station, like by Creed or something. Other than that this album is pretty good. I just think bands could be a little more creative with breakdowns. You can write a breakdown that isn't just open palm muted chords.
03:39 PM on 10/09/13
kskillzz
User Info.
Seriously? "Sometimes You're the Hammer" and "The Document Speaks for Itself" sound straight off FTWHH.

I know bands like to try new things or play songs outside their traditional genre, and growth as a band is a good thing to aspire to, but personally I think ADTR should just stick to what they do best. It's like Pokemon - yeah, it's not exactly creative anymore and you know what you're gonna get, but it's just more of something great, ven if it is repetitive. I found that the songs that strayed most from their formula on this CD to be the weakest - "End of Me", "Already Gone", and "Best of Me" should have just been left off the record altogether if you ask me. "I Surrender" is decent after repeated listens. The first four tracks are absolutely killer though.

I've listened to the album a few times and I really agree with everything you say. I lied the album a lot at first but then I realized it's because I liked the first 4 songs so much I didn't notice some of the filler in there. But a lot of people are saying how much they like best of me and already gone so I understand the reason for variety to please everyone, I'm personally more partial to the heavy stuff, but especially pop punk which I think is their strong point.
06:40 PM on 10/09/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Boy.. I was kinda in the "support the band cause I hate Brummel" but now I'm just flat out happy I bought it. I love it. Right Back At It Again is actually my least favorite. Which isn't a slight really. I'm Already Gone is pretty damn perfect. Definitely their best record. I could say more but I'd end up talking about every song pretty much.
07:58 PM on 10/09/13
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

They sound similar
09:35 PM on 10/09/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"End of Me" doesn't fit on this record. It sounds exactly like a butt-rock ballad you'd hear on a mainstream radio station, like by Creed or something. Other than that this album is pretty good. I just think bands could be a little more creative with breakdowns. You can write a breakdown that isn't just open palm muted chords.
People who use the term "butt-rock" deserve to be kicked in the butt...
07:11 AM on 10/10/13
bertbro
User Info.
I'm 5 songs in, and so far i don't hear any similarities to FTWHH.... and I'm not complaining I've just heard people compare it to it.
Yeah. Definitely feels more like Homesick
12:50 PM on 10/10/13
DanHTM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I bursted out laughing the first time at "Brace for impact!"
01:05 PM on 10/10/13
Jamied123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe I'm completely off base here, but does anyone else get a serious Corey Taylor/Stone Sour vibe from "End of Me"?

I don't mean that in a negative way either, I dig the song.
I heard it as more of an 'Echoes Silence Patience Grace' era Foo Fighters... but I actually see that comparison too! Regardless, love it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums