Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Felled Trees Song Premiere

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/09/13)
Head to the replies to hear our exclusive premiere of Felled Trees' (Thrice, Samiam, No Motiv) cover of Dinosaur Jr.'s "I Ain't Sayin." Blair Shehan from The Jealous Sound sings this track, which comes from their cover-to-cover rendition of Dinosaur Jr.'s album, Where You Been. You can pre-order Felled Trees' version, entitled Where We Been, here.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
12:15 PM on 10/09/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

Message from Eddie Breckenridge"I think "Where You Been" came out at a really important time of my life musically.

I was thirteen, completely obsessed with skateboarding and finding my own way of doing things. And music, always being a huge part of a persons life/identity (especially a youngin like myself) all the sudden became an accompaniment to all I did. Start Choppin was the first Dino Jr. song I ever heard (i think... or maybe the first song I connected with).

I remember one of my good skate friends and I met up with this mutual friend of ours for a skate... this kid was crazy... in the best of ways. He looked weird, dressed weird... said weird things... skated around with a trumpet... haha yeah. Incidentally we all looked up to him and thought he was way ahead of the game in being a cool ass dude. He had brought a boombox to the spot and was blasting music. I'm not sure if it was a mix he was listening to or the album but I do remember hearing Start Choppin, pausing my skate for the entire song and asking him what it was.

I loved the way the intro came together... Jay's voice... and then that verse riff!, and the way Dinosaur Jr. somehow sounded melancholy but, happy... heavy, but delicate. "WHAT IS THIS?!" I asked, "Dino Junior dude!" he said. This was something different, unique, and made me feel amazing because it wasn't just a rock band, or a grunge band, or whatever was going on at the time. It was Dinosaur Jr. and I was a fan."
01:25 PM on 10/09/13
J.Dick
User Info.
Love Sergie. I didn't like Thrice's songs much but I def know those guys were talented.
02:18 PM on 10/09/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
sounds pretty good! I definitely should go through and hear more of Dinosaur Jr's stuff. I'll be interested in hearing this in full though for sure
02:59 PM on 10/09/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
This is pretty good, wasn't sure what to expect.
03:04 PM on 10/09/13
CountMeOut923
Registered Member
User Info.
i still think this is the weirdest idea for a project.
10:43 PM on 10/09/13
fenway89
you are the smell before rain
User Info.
i still think this is the weirdest idea for a project.
I know right, I can't get over the randomness of it. I mean I love Dinosaur Jr. and this sounds awesome, but its just a hell of a weird project.
06:55 AM on 10/10/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Everyone do yourself a favor and just listen to Where You Been and Dino Jr in general.
08:42 AM on 10/10/13
weezer17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love hearing anything new with Blair singing. This sounds great!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests