AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Podcast: Buddy Nielsen of Senses Fail (Episode 20)

Posted by - 12:10 PM on 10/11/13
This week on the 20th episode (wow we made it to 20!) of the AbolutePunk.net Podcast, Jason and I talk with Buddy Nielsen of Senses Fail. Buddy has always been one of the most blunt and honest musicians I've ever talked to and on this episode we talk music, the industry, and the life of a band. Do you do it for the money? What happens after you get your one shot?

You can subscribe to this podcast in a variety of ways: via iTunes, your own RSS feed (instructions below), or streaming/downloading the mp3 in the replies. You can also find our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud. As always, we hope you enjoy.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
12:10 PM on 10/11/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

Instructions for RSS FeedRSS URL for subscribing to the podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/apnetpodcast

Open iTunes > File > Subscribe to Podcast > Paste the above link into it.

The podcast is also on Tumblr, iTunes, and SoundCloud.

Show Notes:
Senses Fail Official Website
Senses Fail Twitter
01:52 PM on 10/11/13
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
This is an awesome listen. Always love Buddy's insight on the industry.
02:18 PM on 10/11/13
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
"No band wants to go back and revisit what made them successful when they're not as successful."

Buddy is the fuckin' man. Love to hear such a genuine perspective on everything. Good listen.
02:43 PM on 10/11/13
An H Chord
User Info.
Awesome listen. When's Ace coming on?
05:02 PM on 10/11/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
buddy is the best i'll have to give this a listen
05:04 PM on 10/11/13
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
Awesome interview. The part about the 10 year anniversaries was hilarious but I do hope they do one.
07:37 PM on 10/11/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
My favourite so far. Such a genuine dude. Renacer has been in heavy rotation as of late, perfect fall/winter record
08:30 PM on 10/11/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Buddy always has good things to say! I can't wait for the fall tour (I'm really glad they're taking Expire with them).
08:44 PM on 10/11/13
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
God that Northstar quote is right on the money. Not only best podcast so far, best interview I've heard from anyone in this "scene" in my life.
11:03 PM on 10/11/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I found the 10 year discussion interesting. I've been to a few of these tours (TAYF, Sticks and Stones, Commit this to Memory). and I found that the crowd has been surprisingly young, these aren't kids who saw the bands on these album cycles. For the most part the crowds have been my age 21, or younger. The kids seeing these shows aren't so much people trying to relive the shows they use to go to, as it is kids wanting to see the records they grew up with live. Might not be a good example since Yellowcard still has a very Ocean Ave heavy set, but Ocean Ave was that record for me. In 6-8th grade, that was the cd in my cd player, along with Young and the Hopeless. Listened to it every day, as a 12 year old, there was no way I was going to see Yellowcard live at that age. My generation is the generation of the kids who grew up listening to their older siblings or cousins music, and these 10 year tours are our chance to see these songs live.

I think if/when Buddy gets around to doing a full album tour, he would be surprised by the age of the crowd.
11:51 PM on 10/11/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I was just at Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue tour last Sunday. I'm almost 20 and I was surprised to see that 75% of the sold out crowd was older than me. For some reason I went in thinking the crowd would be a lot younger.

I feel like YC's tour was really genuine. They still played an hour of other songs, which most comprised of Southern Weather and WYTTSY. The crowd was stoked on those and the band was so happy about that. I feel like these tours are great for the younger fans who weren't around for the original release an with the old fans. Like Buddy said, they basically grew out of the music, but I think it's possible for these former fans to connect with the newer material as wa evident with Yellowcard.
08:27 AM on 10/12/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Buddy has such a unique view on life. But in his defense, I agree that Senses Fail doing any kind of 10 year tour wouldnt seem genuine. While I'd love to see it, there's three members that are not in the band anymore that recorded Still Searching and they aren't in any way that same band personally or musically.
04:17 PM on 10/12/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I love hearing Buddy talk in general. The guy is just so blunt and honest. I was hoping to hear more about the recording of Renacer but I still loved this.

Hoping you can get him on the podcast again soon Drew!
07:38 PM on 10/12/13
knorr45
IG: rj_knorr
User Info.
I've really enjoyed listening to the podcasts! Keep up the good work guys

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT