Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: Day at the Fair Vinyl

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (10/15/13)
Our friends at Broken Heart Records are allowing us to relive the golden age by reissuing some great records on vinyl. Their latest is Day at the Fair's 2005 effort, The Rocking Chair Years - which, for my money, is one of the most underrated albums from Drive-Thru Records' glory days. The vinyl release is top-notch; read my review for more details. Want to get your hands on a copy? Leave a comment here telling us why you want it for your chance to win a variant bundle - which includes all three variants as well as a special lathe cut. One winner will be chosen next week.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
06:13 AM on 10/15/13
TeenageMustache
thosedamnbloodsuckers.ban dcamp.com
User Info.
I'd like to win this
06:14 AM on 10/15/13
Startswithk
Somebody's gonna miss out!
User Info.
this is swell.
06:17 AM on 10/15/13
crowbarmark
so much better than you
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yes please
06:17 AM on 10/15/13
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this album would love. I saw them so long ago at some small skate park in a mall that doesn't even exist anymore, I think it was when there was a huge gas shortage. My dad even likes some songs and listens to Erasing Wilkes fairly often! really would love this.
06:20 AM on 10/15/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Hand it over.
06:21 AM on 10/15/13
rocketcat
User Info.
Want. Thanks.
06:36 AM on 10/15/13
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
I want this because I've been meaning to pick this up but due to government shutdown and furloughs i have had to cut back my vinyl budget and put food on the table.

This album hit me hard during my early years at college and revived my love of pop punk.
Also, BHR does a phenomenal job with their releases.
06:43 AM on 10/15/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

I want this to expand my vinyl collection. Also because I traveled to Delaware to see them once.. I mean really, who travels to Delaware for anything?
06:49 AM on 10/15/13
L-dawg
BHR Records
User Info.
Also, BHR does a phenomenal job with their releases.

Thanks for that.
06:49 AM on 10/15/13
Dizzy23
User Info.
I want to win this for two reasons. One is because back in the drive thru days I bought this album on a whim because they were a drive thru band and was not let down. I loved this album. Second reason is because I just started my vinyl collection about 2 weeks ago and this would be an awesome addition!
06:55 AM on 10/15/13
SharkMechonicon
Dan Campbell
User Info.
I want to win this not for myself but for a friend. He doesn't use AP.net like I do but I'm sure if he did he would share this store.

A couple years ago we all had a friend named Carissa. She was a typical girl who loved punk rock, going to shows and hanging out with friends. Her and my friends favorite band together was A Day at the Fair. One day Carissa's life was shortened suddenly in a car accident leaving everyone shocked and destroyed. For most of my friends this was the first death we all were effected by. Now every time we listen to A Day at the Fair, we cry and honor her memory.
07:10 AM on 10/15/13
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
User Info.
I don't have any better reason to win this than anyone else, but this is damn good record, and I would like a copy.
07:13 AM on 10/15/13
IMPOSTERFREAK08
User Info.
yes please because it would be awesome.
07:30 AM on 10/15/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
Man, I'd love this!

This was one of those "best friend" records between my best friend and I. It came out when we were in our sophomore year of high school and it stuck with us. I remember when there was nothing to do in our small town we'd just drive and listen to it full blast with the windows down. We'd sit on the trunk of my car in the 7-11 parking lot at 2am drinking slurpees singing along as loud as we could looking like drunken idiots.

Yeah. This was THAT record for us. I'd send him a copy if I won. We've drifted a little bit since I've moved across the country, but we'll still text each other lyrics and "remember when" moments. He'd love it too!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests