AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35
03:29 PM on 10/15/13
rushour144
User Info.
Buttholes. I thought this was going to be a physical..

Guess I missed my chance to get the original at the show.. Lame
Woah buddy, way to hastily rush to conclusions. Order a physical copy here:

http://81twentythree.com/collections/lydia
03:30 PM on 10/15/13
mydefpony
Lopez
User Info.
This is too Poppy for my liking. I was able to jam to old Lydia in my car without feeling like some super happy little high school kid, It was just more aggressive and serious I suppose. This... There's no way in hell I could jam this out loud with my windows rolled down. I am a pretty big Lydia fan but not of this new direction they went in. Oh well, they don't owe me anything. I was a fan of sad Leighton, Happy go lucky Leighton is not my cup of tea. He's a nice guy though so I'm glad he's happy.
03:58 PM on 10/15/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
So good.

One of my top records of the year by far
04:10 PM on 10/15/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Woah buddy, way to hastily rush to conclusions. Order a physical copy here:

http://81twentythree.com/collections/lydia

WUUUT?! Thanks!

I asked the merch dude at my date and he didn't even know what I was talking about haha.
05:38 PM on 10/15/13
GageStillAlive
Still Alive Clothing
User Info.
I love Devil and the b-sides are just as great.
06:14 PM on 10/15/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
I'm a pretty die hard Lydia fan so I like everything that's been released but I think Paint It Golden is way more overlooked and interesting.
Because it is.
07:45 PM on 10/15/13
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
Agreed. I love paint it golden and It would be amazing to hear some tracks live from that album.
07:53 PM on 10/15/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Agreed. I love paint it golden and It would be amazing to hear some tracks live from that album.
Yessir
08:10 PM on 10/15/13
gameguru990
User Info.
This is too Poppy for my liking. I was able to jam to old Lydia in my car without feeling like some super happy little high school kid, It was just more aggressive and serious I suppose. This... There's no way in hell I could jam this out loud with my windows rolled down. I am a pretty big Lydia fan but not of this new direction they went in. Oh well, they don't owe me anything. I was a fan of sad Leighton, Happy go lucky Leighton is not my cup of tea. He's a nice guy though so I'm glad he's happy.
That's a great attitude to have about a band changing it's sound. It's a shame people usually jump straight to anger if a band changes it up and they don't like it.
08:26 PM on 10/15/13
Merkin
A Fine Evening For a Rogue
User Info.
sounded great to start, but finish okay, great album though
09:01 PM on 10/15/13
rushour144
User Info.
WUUUT?! Thanks!

I asked the merch dude at my date and he didn't even know what I was talking about haha.
HAHA, they need a new merch guy! No problem man, and it's only 5 bucks, deal!!!
09:50 PM on 10/15/13
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
Idk if you agree but i think "Seasons" would be an epic closer
09:57 PM on 10/15/13
Austin Davis
god damn, this just feels right
User Info.
I completely agree. I'm really glad that Leighton seems like a happier guy these days, since there's a lot of darkness in the past, but I just don't think the writing is on the same level. Even all of Paint It Golden was written by him as a solo effort before they decided to keep the Lydia name. I think there was a lot of influence from the new guys on Devil.
09:59 PM on 10/15/13
Austin Davis
User Info.
Idk if you agree but i think "Seasons" would be an epic closer
Well I agree! Seasons is just an epic song in general. It's one of my favorite Lydia songs, up there with This December and Illuminate.
10:12 PM on 10/15/13
Austin Davis
User Info.
completely agree. im always surprised by the comments that just dismiss it; i thought it was up there with everything else. while i enjoy devil, it's been one of my least favorite releases, especially lyrically
Yeah, for quite a while after it was released I had a hard time accepting that one of their albums was less than amazing. Although I still really like Devil it's just not on the same level. Like I said in one of the above comments I think the new guys had a decent amount of influence.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos