1. How did you get your band name? We struggled a bit with the band name, and Morten (guitarist) ended up hitting random on Wikipedia. After about half and hour he ended up on a page on Asperger’s Syndrome. He continued down the syndrome road and found Exploding Head Syndrome. And the description of the syndrome seemed to fit the band, so we went with that.
2. How did this band get started? Morten (guitarist) and Eirik (vocals) had played together in a band in the late 90s, and in 2010 they moved to the same city again, had a few beers and ended up starting the band.
3. What bands are you influenced by? We are highly influenced by hardcore punk outfits such as Gallows, Refused, The Ghost of a Thousand, Comeback Kid...
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Any of the bands mentioned above would be fantastic. But we also like the California punk so a tour with NOFX or Rancid would be rad.
5. Best food to eat on tour? We're not in that league that we can demand food when we tour. We eat what we get, and we mostly end up paying for it ourselves.
6. Why should people listen to your band? We're not by far not the best or the most original band out there. We can barely play our instruments. But then again we play with our hearts. When we play live, we play with every fiber in our body. I also think that our combination of punk, rock, hardcore, metal makes our sound a bit different than most bands. It's punk with a twist.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Messi. Best football player in the world. Loads of cash. Hot girlfriend.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? We'd definitely thank all the bands we've played with throughout the years. Without them we wouldn't have progressed. All the venues that have given us the opportunity to play live. And of course all the fans that have followed us through the years.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? Stop torturing people with horrible music.
10. Memorable tour experience? The recent tour Morten fell off the stage. Lars (drummer) got naked at the after-party. Stagediving audience. Good times.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? It's a great source to find new bands and music that you otherwise might not hear about. It's important for smaller band to get some exposure so we really appreciate that AP.net is doing that.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Of our own? I would say "Breaking Sweat/Spilling Blood." It's got a bit of everything in it. As a cover, "Knowledge" by Operation Ivy. Everyone in the audience knows that song. We usually put one of the microphones on the floor and let the audience sing along. Great fun every time.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? As long as there is sunshine and beaches I am happy.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Early childhood I would say The Beatles and Rolling Stones because my parents were and still are great fans. My teens I would say Rancid and NOFX. I still love their music.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Teleportation. It would make touring a lot easier.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Not really. We just drink beer.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? I am an open book
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? The Norwegian radio only seems to focus on pop music and mostly they just recycle the same songs over and over again. A punk band like ourselves struggle to get airtime even though we have gotten some exposure.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? I play in a band. Haha.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? None what so ever.