AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Crystalyne

Posted by - 09:30 AM on 11/22/13
We've got another female-fronted group for your ears. Today we're bringing you the U.S. premiere of a new song from Toronto pop-rock group Crystalyne. The band has made their presence known in Canada supporting some of the country's biggest acts including Carly Rae Jepsen, Marianas Trench, and Walk Off The Earth. Listen to "Anchor" in the replies or on the AP.net profile and let us know what you think. It's off of the band's new EP, The Remedy, which will be released next week on November 26th.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:31 AM on 11/22/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:54 AM on 11/22/13
i12punk
Accents
User Info.
This is a great track, and she has a solid voice, but is it just me or are most of these new female-fronted groups lacking that special something that makes them stand out? This singer sounds just like the rest of the recent wave of female fronted rock acts in the past few years. Maybe it's just too much production to the point of losing that individuality.
11:09 AM on 11/22/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is a great track, and she has a solid voice, but is it just me or are most of these new female-fronted groups lacking that special something that makes them stand out? This singer sounds just like the rest of the recent wave of female fronted rock acts in the past few years. Maybe it's just too much production to the point of losing that individuality.

agreed. songs quite boring to boot.
01:20 PM on 11/22/13
pepster50
User Info.
not their best track. Band is good and they are good live too !
03:53 PM on 11/22/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
You might be talking within the pop-punk mold, but I'd say Dead Sara does the trick:

With that said, I enjoyed the track featured above.
08:12 PM on 11/22/13
i12punk
Accents
User Info.
You might be talking within the pop-punk mold, but I'd say Dead Sara does the trick:

With that said, I enjoyed the track featured above.
Yes! This is exactly what I've been missing. Thanks!
12:21 AM on 11/23/13
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn this band is sliding. I feel bad for the band members cause I REALLY doubt this is the type of music they want to play; generic pop rock.
01:04 AM on 11/23/13
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Why can't girls play all the instruments too

The only all-girl bands I can think or are Plumtree, Haim, and Eisley(?), and even those last two have some dudes in the tour band. Why can't you start bands, ladies?
06:38 PM on 11/23/13
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
I enjoyed this
09:35 PM on 11/23/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
Yes! This is exactly what I've been missing. Thanks!
No prob. I head Dead Sara the other and was blown away by that song; such power. Here's another female artist with some pipes, and some great songwriting: Lissie

Also, Kacey Musgrave is a tinge like T. Swift, but I consider the lyrics and songwriting on this song to be some great stuff.
10:45 PM on 11/23/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Just listened to the preview tracks on I tunes, there's some more up-tempo songs on this EP. She has a great voice, Punks Don't Dance is a catchy ass track
06:02 PM on 11/24/13
uofmhockey07
User Info.

She's got a great voice. I love this cover.
06:28 PM on 11/24/13
i12punk
Accents
User Info.
No prob. I head Dead Sara the other and was blown away by that song; such power. Here's another female artist with some pipes, and some great songwriting: Lissie

Also, Kacey Musgrave is a tinge like T. Swift, but I consider the lyrics and songwriting on this song to be some great stuff.
Both of those are amazing tracks. Thanks again for the recommendations. I love a solid, cleverly crafted song with a female singer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos