AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Raised By Wolves, The - 10.28.13

The Raised By Wolves - 10.28.13

Interviewed by
The Raised By Wolves - 10.28.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Raised By Wolves

Music.theraisedbywolves.com
Facebook.com/theraisedbywolves
Twitter.com/theraisedbywolves

How did you get your band name?
I wrote a short story in college titled “Raised By Wolves” that I felt captured a similar spirit to that of our band. And then I added the “The” just to be obnoxious.

How did this band get started?
I was in a band when I was 13 and our guitarist had just moved away. Ben was my best friend and the best guitarist I knew, so it was a no-brainer to ask him to join. Eventually that band split when we went to college, but the two of us continued to write songs. Now, here we are, nearly 10 years after we started.

What bands are you influenced by?
I think we’re equally a product of what we grew up on and what we listen to now. There’s an energy to bands like Blink 182, Weezer, and Saves The Day that’s embedded in our music. I think when you mix that with the stuff we’re listening to now like Elliott Smith, The Beatles, Prince, you get an interesting product.

If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Probably Prince because he is the purple enigma.

Best food to eat on tour?
Sandwiches, sandwiches, sandwiches. And chips.

Why should people listen to your band?
We work very hard to write heartfelt pop songs and present them in unorthodox ways. And we like them! Maybe you will, too.

If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Gail Devers.

If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our parents, AbsolutePunk, etc.

If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
To every point, there’s a counterpoint. It’s a tough industry to prosper in because it’s so competitive, but it’s so competitive because everyone wants to be a rock star. It makes sense.

Memorable tour experience?
We went on our first tour when we had just turned 17. It took a lot to convince our parents to let us go out on our own. And then after our last show, our van was broken into and robbed.

What does AP.net mean to you?
It’s one of the best, most thorough blogs out there for rabid fans to keep tabs on their favorite bands. I’ve been frequenting it for years now and have found out about so many great bands through doing so.

What is your favorite song to play?
“Broken Neck of the Woods” is a heavy one. “Strange Acquaintance” is interesting, it adds a nice dynamic to the set. “Twin Resentful” is always fun.

What is your vacation spot of choice?
My parents have a house on the Eastern Shore of Maryland that we sometimes use as a little retreat to write and record, tweak ideas. So, I guess it’s less of a vacation spot and more of another place to work, but a change in scenery is always nice.

What music reminds you of your childhood?
When we were in middle school, our whole group of friends went through a huge ska phase. There was a year of my life when I almost exclusively listened to Less Than Jake. I don’t regret it.

If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
X-ray vision, so I could see all the pee-pees and hoo-has.

Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Hydration. Probably a little band pow-wow.

What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We were born on the same day. August 1, 1990.

What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
It’s hard to say. There’s some really horrendously overplayed, unimaginative, boring material, but then there are some cool songs that come out of left field and go on to become horrendously overplayed, too. I don’t foresee us ever being on the radio, but hey, who knows?

What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang with our buddies, watch movies. What about you? A/S/L?

What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I’m the world’s most inflexible man. Ben’s pretty good with Microsoft Excel.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
08:17 AM on 11/25/13
gzydcxjfnckg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
[b]piumino uomo moncler[b] [b]moncler outlet roma[b] [b]giubbotto moncler prezzo[b] [b]moncler sale[b] [b]modelli moncler[b] Hogan Interactive Scarpe Hogan Hogan Online Hogan Outlet Hogan Online [b]spaccio moncler trebaseleghe[b] [b]piumini moncler uomo[b] [b]moncler bady[b] [b]outlet piumini moncler[b] [b]negozi outlet online[b] Moncler Uomo Moncler Uomo Moncler Outlet Moncler Piumini Moncler UGGS Online UGGS Sale UGGS Outlet UGGS UGGS Woolrich Woolrich woolrich modelli woolrich saldi outlet bologna woolrich ceinture louis vuitton ceinture louis vuitton ceinture louis vuitton sac speedy louis vuitton louis vuitton homme Louis Vuitton Amsterdam Louis Vuitton Tas tweedehands louis vuitton Louis Vuitton Tas Louis Vuitton UGGS Norge UGGs Australia UGGS Oslo UGGS Norge UGGS UGG Outlet UGG Italia UGG Italia UGG uomo UGG uomo Canada Goose Outlet canada goose youth Canada Goose Outlet Canada Goose Canada Goose Outlet Nike Free Run Nike Free Run Norge Nike Free Nike Free freerun sko ugg bottes ugg botte ugg solde ugg pas cher ugg france Parajumers Jassen Parajumers Jassen Parajumers Jassen Parajumpers Parajumpers Sale Louis VUitton Outlet louis vuitton cinture cinture louis vuitton Louis VUitton Roma Louis VUitton Roma Moncler Muts winterjas moncler moncler jacket Moncler Muts Moncler Zomerjas Woolrich Outlet Woolrich Jassen woolrich blizzard jacket Woolrich Jassen Dames Woolrich Outlet canada goose au canada canada goose canada goose canada goose femme canada goose femme Peuterey Peuterey Peuterey Donna Peuterey Peuterey Outlet moncler pas cher moncler pas cher moncler pas cher moncler doudoune homme veste homme moncler louboutin femme louboutin.fr louboutin pas cher louboutin escarpin louboutin Canda Goose Norge Canada Goose Canda Goose Jakke Canda Goose Jakke Canda Goose Oslo Burberry Outlet abbigliamento burberry Burberry Outlet Burberry Sciarpa Burberry site ghd styler ghd styler ghd ghd pas cher lisseur ghd Parajumpers Norge Parajumpers Parajumpers Jakke Parajumpers Parajumpers Jakke afbhdj rvjoux uqepor dxhlfd wdygqn flvkrn umhknp sfjoda irydcg nkhigm dlbxof zrohzc ctkfyu beqfog achrmo npmrqcs tbrhvgj gvpzmmv ajrnwoe smzdwyi bfmvjz zybfan abxsjj cpdwdb aspvck bfpdkio mqakvib rhqbuuj zmfhfpc trprbbd

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos