AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Joyce Manor Recording New Album

Posted by - 01:49 PM on 11/26/13
Joyce Manor are currently recording their follow-up to last year's Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired. The band is recording with Algernon Cadwallader's Joe Reinhart. Check out some more info here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
01:54 PM on 11/26/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Exciting! Super stoked for their show next month.
01:56 PM on 11/26/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Exciting to hear more, even though the last one didn't have much staying power with me.
02:22 PM on 11/26/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Exciting to hear more, even though the last one didn't have much staying power with me.
oh man, it's so good. so short. so everything.
02:27 PM on 11/26/13
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
This band is perfect
02:47 PM on 11/26/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
love the self-titled but the last one didn't really grab me
03:06 PM on 11/26/13
Zach Cool
shitsville.
User Info.
Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired is what really grabbed me by the ears and told me that these guys were legit. I don't get why they only play like 3 songs from it live, ever. It's so short, throw in a couple more songs from it to your set guys!
03:17 PM on 11/26/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Band is perfect [2]

Was bummed about them not doing anything this year but hopefully they come here next year, I can't see the full length being bad but i'm hoping they go for at least 25-30 mins not 13 this time
03:32 PM on 11/26/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Rad! Feels like forever even though OATIWSGT was released last year, probably because it had a total runtime of like 13 minutes.
03:48 PM on 11/26/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired is what really grabbed me by the ears and told me that these guys were legit. I don't get why they only play like 3 songs from it live, ever.

I think me and you are in the minority. I read a recent interview with them where the singer mentioned they preferred the self-titled over Of All Things. And that this was the second version of the album even, having scrapped the entirety of a first take. While it's totally refreshing to see a band dude cut the bullshit with press for once, that (and the general fan reaction) boggles my fucking mind. The latter blew the former out of the water. Way more vulnerable and successfully experimental. Bummer they're going back to the original sound, but at least we got one "album" of that stuff out of them.
04:08 PM on 11/26/13
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
Love both the self-titled and OATIWSGT. Can't wait to hear what they come up with next.
04:23 PM on 11/26/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Awesome. Loved the last one.
05:45 PM on 11/26/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I think me and you are in the minority. I read a recent interview with them where the singer mentioned they preferred the self-titled over Of All Things. And that this was the second version of the album even, having scrapped the entirety of a first take. While it's totally refreshing to see a band dude cut the bullshit with press for once, that (and the general fan reaction) boggles my fucking mind. The latter blew the former out of the water. Way more vulnerable and successfully experimental. Bummer they're going back to the original sound, but at least we got one "album" of that stuff out of them.
I love that album. I really like s/t, but OATIWSGT is perfect
06:34 PM on 11/26/13
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Yaaaaaay. Love both albums, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
06:34 PM on 11/26/13
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
Band is perfect [2]

Was bummed about them not doing anything this year but hopefully they come here next year, I can't see the full length being bad but i'm hoping they go for at least 25-30 mins not 13 this time

I have talked with Joe and can confirm it will be short again. Sorry.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos