AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Green Day News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Green Day to Take Break After Aussie Tour

Posted by - 09:02 PM on 11/29/13
In a recent BBC Radio 2 interview, Billie Joe Armstrong reveals that Green Day will be "taking a break" after completing their Australian tour dates. Guys, I beg you ... you can't go out on those last three albums.

Submitted by LouderThanBombs

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 57
09:07 PM on 11/29/13
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
Yup, agree with that statement in the post.
09:08 PM on 11/29/13
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They're not quitting. But those three albums are much better than Jason Tate ever gave them credit for, especially "Dos!".
09:24 PM on 11/29/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
If they took the best tracks from that trio of albums and made one album, it would be good. Not great, simply good. Their experiment was a huge failure, unfortunately.

But I think they've just hit a low point. I fully believe they have another American Idiot in them.
09:25 PM on 11/29/13
tdlyon
User Info.
Misleading post. He didn't say anything about "going out", they're just relaxing for a bit before starting work on a new album.

Actually surprised though, I was convinced they were going to do a 20 year Dookie tour.
09:25 PM on 11/29/13
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
after making 3 albums last year and all the subsequent events since then, taking a break will probably be the best for them.
09:28 PM on 11/29/13
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Uno is the only one that I was actually okay with as a whole, but I disagree with you Tate. They should take a goddamn break so they can have time to think, put their feet up, rest a little and when they come back, actually make something amazing instead of something in between okay to mediocre like Uno! Dos! Tre!
09:30 PM on 11/29/13
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
If they took the best tracks from that trio of albums and made one album, it would be good. Not great, simply good. Their experiment was a huge failure, unfortunately.

But I think they've just hit a low point. I fully believe they have another American Idiot in them.

Ive actually made a 12 track playlist of my favorites from each album. And I agree it probably would have made a better album then each of the three.
09:34 PM on 11/29/13
Clockwise
Running on Fruit Snacks
User Info.
I appreciate you care that they go out on a high note, but yeah, they're not talking about ending it right now. He even mentions starting up again with 'recharged batteries'. Also, I really love the trilogy.
09:40 PM on 11/29/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I appreciate you care that they go out on a high note, but yeah, they're not talking about ending it right now. He even mentions starting up again with 'recharged batteries'. Also, I really love the trilogy.
I enjoyed it, clunkers and all. would rather them embrace being more of a cult band from here on than stop, for sure.
09:42 PM on 11/29/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
They'll be recording by the end of next year hopefully, I'd like a record by the end of 2015 ideally because that would be nice if not sooner.
09:45 PM on 11/29/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Misleading post. He didn't say anything about "going out", they're just relaxing for a bit before starting work on a new album.

Actually surprised though, I was convinced they were going to do a 20 year Dookie tour.
The entire post is about the fact it's a "break" not a "break-up" ... my comment was not implying they're going away forever, just that if they do go away for a super long time, please come back with something great.
09:45 PM on 11/29/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Uno is the only one that I was actually okay with as a whole, but I disagree with you Tate. They should take a goddamn break so they can have time to think, put their feet up, rest a little and when they come back, actually make something amazing instead of something in between okay to mediocre like Uno! Dos! Tre!
We pretty much agree there ...
09:47 PM on 11/29/13
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
We pretty much agree there ...

I misunderstood what you implied before, yes we do agree.
09:49 PM on 11/29/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
This band has been fucking terrible for over a decade

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT