Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

Charity Auction to Meet Tom Delonge

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/03/13)
An auction is up where the winner gets to meet Tom Delonge (all proceeds will go to Rady Children's Hospital).
You and a guest can meet Blink 182 and Angels & Airwaves' Tom DeLonge in his music studio in Carlsbad, CA and own 22 pages of the original artwork of Mike Henry from the children's book Tom wrote, "The Lonely Astronaut On Christmas Eve," and take home an autographed guitar!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19.
11:43 AM on 12/03/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
You can also just PayPal me and I'll drop by
11:51 AM on 12/03/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
That's pretty awesome. Wish I was rich.
12:16 PM on 12/03/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I met Tom once. It was awful.
12:30 PM on 12/03/13
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
I met him as well after an AVA show. Didn't get the best of pictures...
12:35 PM on 12/03/13
J.Dick
User Info.
I met Tom once. It was awful.
Go on...
12:47 PM on 12/03/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.

I'm kidding but it was kind of a bummer in the way I ran into him. I was backstage at Warped when AVA was on, and he was like the only other person in the area on the side of the buses towards the stage talking to another fan. I ran to tell some of my friends he was right there. I came back in a group of 4 to say what's up, but he was on the run to go play; AVA was on in 5 minutes at the time. I got to shake his hand half-assed and say "Blink changed my life.." before he walked as fast as he could to the stage area. My friend who didn't make it in time to say hi yelled, "Hey Tom, I have a spaceship tattooed because of you!" He just said "Cool, man" like he really didn't care and kept walking. We were all kind of disappointed that he didn't have time to chat. Then AVA sucked and we all walked away.
12:59 PM on 12/03/13
tub and rug
Why don't you have a seat.....
User Info.
This would have been much more appealing to me about 10 years ago.
01:28 PM on 12/03/13
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
Say what you will about Tom, but the guy never hesistates when it comes to charity.
01:29 PM on 12/03/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Surprised that he's autographing a (Fender) Squier. Thought it would have at least been his Epi.

Good cause though.
02:04 PM on 12/03/13
streetcar
User Info.
I'm kidding but it was kind of a bummer in the way I ran into him. I was backstage at Warped when AVA was on, and he was like the only other person in the area on the side of the buses towards the stage talking to another fan. I ran to tell some of my friends he was right there. I came back in a group of 4 to say what's up, but he was on the run to go play; AVA was on in 5 minutes at the time. I got to shake his hand half-assed and say "Blink changed my life.." before he walked as fast as he could to the stage area. My friend who didn't make it in time to say hi yelled, "Hey Tom, I have a spaceship tattooed because of you!" He just said "Cool, man" like he really didn't care and kept walking. We were all kind of disappointed that he didn't have time to chat. Then AVA sucked and we all walked away.
Did he look like he didnt want to be there?
02:39 PM on 12/03/13
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
User Info.
To be fair, if someone yelled at me that they had a certain tattoo because of me and I didn't know them and I was in a hurry, I would probably be slightly creeped out and have to fake interest too.

I'm a bitch though, I guess. Reason number 3438353 I could never be famous
02:45 PM on 12/03/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
To be fair, if someone yelled at me that they had a certain tattoo because of me and I didn't know them and I was in a hurry, I would probably be slightly creeped out and have to fake interest too.

I'm a bitch though, I guess. Reason number 3438353 I could never be famous

I understood he was in a rush so it didn't bother me too much, just wish it was a lot cooler than that experience.
02:47 PM on 12/03/13
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
User Info.
I understood he was in a rush so it didn't bother me too much, just wish it was a lot cooler than that experience.
Naw, I get it. I've heard so many artists say to never meet someone you're a big fan of because it will almost always be disappointing and not what you built up in your head
05:56 PM on 12/03/13
AsfAstAswegofar
User Info.
Had a totally different experience, met him at a signing for We dont need to whisper and told him that he's the reason I picked up a guitar and got into music. He seemed thrilled, and told me "Thanks alot man, now don't give up on it , who knows maybe someday you'll get paid to go around the world with your friends and make fart jokes."
It was perfect.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums