Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 42.
10:57 AM on 12/11/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I think each has its own sound. DGD is the main focus for those guys despite all the side projects and it shows, and ALLB is very different from DGD (especially this last album).

Wondering what kind of venue "Sons of Herman Hall" is.

I just think they waste so much effort by splitting up their energy into ten different projects instead of perfecting one or two of them haha.

Sons of Herman is weird. It's an old fraternity/hostel/social club with an upstairs and a downstairs room. Both have moveable chairs you can set up on the floor wherever you want and a whole lot more room than needed. The stage downstairs is pretty low and most bands choose to play on the floor, and upstairs the stage has a step that leads to it but bands also choose to play on the floor. It's cool and it's cheap, but it is definitely unusual and more on the DIY side. There is a makeshift parking lot across the street that is free so it's pretty convenient unless it fills up/somebody blocks you off (it's a grass field on top of the curb with some rubble for parking).

Overall it's a nice venue with some interesting history and decoration and fits the DIY/intimate show vibe pretty well since it's cheap, unregulated, and most bands don't use the stage. Only problem with it is that it can look super empty because the room has a ton of open space so it seems like there are only a handful of people (not that it ever gets actually crowded).
11:00 AM on 12/11/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
DGD (Happiness era) mixed with Circa Survive ? Easily the best thing Will Swan has done yet.
11:07 AM on 12/11/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Those DGD/A lot like birds guys are talented, but I usually wonder if they could be much more successful musically if they focused all their energy and skills into one endeavor instead of channeling it through multiple releases. Blend all the styles these guys have attempted separately over the years and get the best out of each one and they may even have a band that leaves a lasting impression.

This tune is great and the circa vibe is definitely there.
I think it depends on what metric you're using for "success." I've actually chatted with Will specifically about the role of side-projects in music - we both agree that more music, more often, through more projects, only benefits all projects. Evan Weiss of Into It. Over It has perfected the model, releasing music under countless names, several times a year. I don't think any one project detracts from the others, as long as multiple projects don't delay the main projects.
11:13 AM on 12/11/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I think it depends on what metric you're using for "success." I've actually chatted with Will specifically about the role of side-projects in music - we both agree that more music, more often, through more projects, only benefits all projects. Evan Weiss of Into It. Over It has perfected the model, releasing music under countless names, several times a year. I don't think any one project detracts from the others, as long as multiple projects don't delay the main projects.

That's actually a pretty good point, and Evan is definitely the best example for this since his projects seem to compliment IIOI rather than take a life of their own. I guess in the end if you are allowing fans to have more and more material, it's a win win for everyone.
11:20 AM on 12/11/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's actually a pretty good point, and Evan is definitely the best example for this since his projects seem to compliment IIOI rather than take a life of their own. I guess in the end if you are allowing fans to have more and more material, it's a win win for everyone.
Yeah, that's kind of my take on it.

It becomes a problem when you handle it like Craig Owens did a few years back - he was participating in so many projects that Chiodos was constantly delayed. As long as you can release multiple albums a year, no harm in having your hand in multiple pots.
11:45 AM on 12/11/13
ScorchOurBodies
Dead Inside
User Info.
Wow this is surprisingly nice, it reminds me self-titled era DGD without annoying screaming and with the chill moments from ALLB. I definitely dig, stoked to hear what else they've got.
12:02 PM on 12/11/13
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
Pretty solid, he definitely can sing his ass off.
12:05 PM on 12/11/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
very nice.
12:59 PM on 12/11/13
AndwooLee
User Info.
Definitely got a Closure is Moscow vibe in certain parts.
01:20 PM on 12/11/13
BringdowN
They're Only Chasing Safety
User Info.
Pretty sweet stuff, big fan of DGD, ALLB and HTS. Seems like the vocals were mixed a little low but maybe it's just me.
01:22 PM on 12/11/13
lpfan407
User Info.
Seen Hail the Sun live and a huge fan of their most recent EP. After 3 years , Donovan deserves a huge break in the music industry and i feel like this could be that door that finally opened for him. Def gonna grab this cd when it drops.
02:09 PM on 12/11/13
evilandgood
User Info.
I definitely love this more than anything their respective bands have put out recently. Donovan sounds so great!
02:23 PM on 12/11/13
snoboardnfreek
rockin' out
User Info.
reminds me of the sound of animals fighting
02:47 PM on 12/11/13
Kevin Jones
User Info.
This was really good. Excited to hear more
03:04 PM on 12/11/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it