AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Podcast: Anticipating a Letdown (Episode 30)

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/24/14)
It's podcast Friday! Today's episode has Drew, Zack, and I talking about our most anticipated albums of the year. Or that's what the premise was until we kind of just started talking about music and anticipating being let down by music. Bonus: Drew's one true love, 30 Seconds to Mars, is revealed ... and I piss off a good portion of our listeners by trashing on their favorite bands. The episode comes on the heels of our "most anticipated" feature, as well as right before we announce the results of the reader poll for your most anticipated albums of the year (there's still time to vote). The episode can be streamed and/or downloaded in the replies. Also, Drew and Zack are getting new microphones soon and if we ask nicely maybe we can keep Drew from emptying his computer trash too.

Want to make sure you never miss an episode? You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via your own RSS feed reader, or on SoundCloud. You can also find all of our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud.

Interesting in sponsoring an episode of the podcast? This is a great way to reach our loyal audience about an album or song release, special merch sale, upcoming tour ... or even an app, service, or product to sell. We can even do things like play a portion of your song and have our hosts talk a little bit about it and give thoughts. Each sponsorship also comes with a link in the podcast post right here on the homepage. Email us for more information.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 58
11:18 AM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:54 AM on 01/24/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
hehe I'm the worst
11:55 AM on 01/24/14
Drew Beringer
User Info.
also towards the end of the podcast I mentioned that Chiodos is on Warped Tour - I'm wrong, it's not a leak, I was thinking of last year/was high.
12:01 PM on 01/24/14
mikeyg003
@mikegiannotti95
User Info.
I completely agree about Fake Problems. I really thought that The Menzingers bringing them out on tour last year would have given them more exposure, but I guess not.
12:02 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I completely agree about Fake Problems. I really thought that The Menzingers bringing them out on tour last year would have given them more exposure, but I guess not.
I feel the other hosts need a mute button for me that they can remotely trigger when I start ranting about bands that should be popular and aren't.
12:02 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
*shuckkleoosh*
12:06 PM on 01/24/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
Still would've liked to be a part of this, could've made it 2 hours long.
12:06 PM on 01/24/14
Drew Beringer
User Info.
hahahahhaha

how mad would you be if I included that noise in my new intro for the new podcast?

"This is Drew Beringer and you can follow me on twitter @drewberinger *shuckkleooosh*"
12:13 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
hahahahhaha

how mad would you be if I included that noise in my new intro for the new podcast?

"This is Drew Beringer and you can follow me on twitter @drewberinger *shuckkleooosh*"
Hahahaha. Only if there's a dub-step remix version of that sound.

"You can foll..er... DROP THE BASS, shuckkle-- wub wub wub -- ooosh."
12:14 PM on 01/24/14
Greg
User Info.
I am with you, Jason. I would love to hear a poppy Brand New. I remember when they were on the cover of Alternative Press for the 2nd time after Deja and they talked about how they were going to write a pop album that had songs that could speak to anyone of all ages, from their normal fan base to someone's mom. Pretty sure that's close to the example they gave.

Then they disappeared off the face of the earth.
12:15 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Still would've liked to be a part of this, could've made it 2 hours long.
I cut stuff out and it's still over an hour, haha ... don't think we're gonna be going for two hour episodes.
12:32 PM on 01/24/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I cut stuff out and it's still over an hour, haha ... don't think we're gonna be going for two hour episodes.
Hm. That'd make you Siracusa, me Marco, and Drew Cassie if we went for a 2 hour episode.
12:36 PM on 01/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hm. That'd make you Siracusa, me Marco, and Drew Cassie if we went for a 2 hour episode.
Who the hell is Casey?
12:44 PM on 01/24/14
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Dying to be a part of one of these again. So great.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests