AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Most Anticipated Album of 2014: Reader's Poll Results

Posted by - 12:20 PM on 01/29/14
The results are in for our Most Anticipated of 2014 (Reader's Poll Edition) and I don't think many of you will be surprised at the results. All in all, we had thousands of votes and we tallied up the top 30 band's you're anticipating new music from this year. Check it out in the replies. Thanks again for participating!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 101
12:20 PM on 01/29/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
1 | Brand New | TBA | TBA 2014 | TBA
I mean, can we please? We can, right? Does a potential new Brand New album need a paragraph about why it would be anticipated on AbsolutePunk dot net? Collectively the most adored group in the history of this website, anything related to Brand New makes the world stop spinning around here. From what we've heard, the Long Island quartet is already working on LP5*– that's enough to hope for a fall-ish release time. It's impossible to predict what it'll sound like, but we know one thing: It will push the envelope, it will challenge us, there's a good chance it will be brilliant, and at least half of the fanbase will hate it. It's already my AOTY every year for the rest of the decade.

2 | Manchester Orchestra | Cope | April 1, 2014 | Loma Vista
On their recent tour, Manchester Orchestra frontman Andy Hull often said this record would never come out. Luckily that was some of his trademark sarcasm, because this is a record our little corner of the music world needs badly. Just some loud, meaningful, really loud jams. With an album named Cope coming from an introspective band like Manchester Orchestra, we will hopefully hear more of the growth exhibited on Simple Math – and by that I mean one of those records that only breaks your heart to help you put it all back together.

3 | Taking Back Sunday | Happiness Is | March 18, 2014 | Hopeless
After getting the original lineup back together and releasing a real hit or miss album in 2011, Taking Back Sunday has joined the ever expanding Hopeless Records roster. This marks the first time in 10 years that the band will be releasing an album that isn't on a major label. If that doesn't make you feel old, I'm not sure what will. With that being said, the one live video of the band's new song "Flicker Fade" is reminiscent of the glory days of Where You Want To Be, which can only lead to great things. If 2013 was the year of "emo-revival", I see 2014 being the year of the "scene-revival" and Taking Back Sunday is going to be one of the few leading the charge.

4 | La Dispute | Rooms Of The House | March 18, 2014 | Better Living/Staple
Wildlife brought about a welcome storm, where La Dispute delivered on the promise of previous material. The band lead a pack of No Sleep Records' best throughout 2011, championing "the wave" through tour after tour, including a coveted slot on Thrice's farewell run. Now, the band must deliver greatness again with Rooms Of The House through their new home, Better Living Records - a tall task. At this height, we expect an Album Of The Year from this band, and we'll likely get it.

5 | We Are The In Crowd | Weird Kids | February 18, 2014 | Hopeless
We Are The In Crowd have continually been going strong since the release of Best Intentions back in 2011. They've toured all over the world and improved on every aspect of the band. WATIC recently released a new track called "The Best Thing (That Never Happened)" which showcased the band trying a slightly new sound, most noticeably that Tay's the only singer on the song. Who knows if this is the new direction the band plans on taking but they pull it off well and Tay's vocals have improved drastically and definitely fit the bill. With a headlining tour and their second full length album, the sky's the limit for WATIC in 2014 and they're shooting for space.

6. Bayside
7. Fireworks
8. Anberlin
9. blink-182
10. Pierce The Veil
11. Say Anything
12. The Menzingers
13. Yellowcard
14. The Gaslight Anthem
15. Every Time I Die
16. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
17. fun.
18. Issues
19. Chiodos
20. Foo Fighters
21. I Am The Avalanche
22. Modest Mouse
23. Seahaven
24. From Indian Lakes
25. Pianos Become The Teeth
26. Motion City Soundtrack
27. Modern Baseball
28. Tigers Jaw
29. All Time Low
30. The Used
12:26 PM on 01/29/14
UrbanRoyalty
Happiness is just a moment
User Info.
Looks about right haha
12:32 PM on 01/29/14
deardross
David Ross
User Info.
Death Cab didn't make it but some of these other bands did? This makes me sad.
12:39 PM on 01/29/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Death Cab didn't make it but some of these other bands did? This makes me sad.
I'm not surprised. Many of the bands you're thinking of have been more consistent news-wise, and Death Cab began losing momentum after Narrow Stairs.
12:48 PM on 01/29/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
1 and 2 are about as correct as it could get. Against Me! and Lawrence Arms were my 3 and 4...but thankfully that wait is over.
12:51 PM on 01/29/14
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
From Indian Lakes is at the very top for me.
01:18 PM on 01/29/14
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yellowcard most of all, then WATIC, Candy Hearts, Funeral for a Friend and La Dispute.
01:19 PM on 01/29/14
Barcara
\rm/
User Info.
Weakerthans.
#1 since 2008.
01:27 PM on 01/29/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bayside!!!
01:33 PM on 01/29/14
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
People who anticipate The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus still exist?
01:34 PM on 01/29/14
pepster50
User Info.
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus??? Really ???
01:41 PM on 01/29/14
Star Slight
User Info.
We Are the In Crowd is an awful, awful, awful band and this site should be ashamed with that list
01:46 PM on 01/29/14
TylerDrumming
User Info.
People who anticipate The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus still exist?

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus??? Really ???
They posted the link a few times on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/redjumpsuit...?stream_ref=10
01:57 PM on 01/29/14
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
Wow, I'm surprised WATIC cracked the top 5. Still a solid list though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos