AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Yellowcard News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Yellowcard's Sean Mackin Talks Band's Hiatus, Touring with Thyroid...

Posted by - 09:28 AM on 01/30/14
A new episode of Dan Campbell's Talking With Soup has been posted, and it features Yellowcard's Sean Mackin revealing details about what he did during the band's hiatus years, the perception that Yellowcard struck it rich off Ocean Avenue, and how he dealt with thyroid cancer while touring. Check it out in the replies and go Broncos.
There was a time in our career where Yellowcard was making a lot of money, but it was a very small amount of time - it was about a year and a half, maybe two years. Over 12 years that ends up averaging out. I was relatively smart with my money, I put some away ... when we took a hiatus I sold cars for three and a half years, and on average, I made more money per year selling cars than I did in the music business.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
09:28 AM on 01/30/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
09:36 AM on 01/30/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Crazy to think how much money isn't in music sometimes.
09:40 AM on 01/30/14
Soupy
User Info.
This might be my favorite of the series so far. Sean is one of the best guys I've ever met playing music and there's a lot of great info in this interview.
09:43 AM on 01/30/14
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
User Info.
Ryan already explained that he wasted his share on ballin out years ago.

I like how Sean speaks. It's clear
09:50 AM on 01/30/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Sean is the best guy ever. #gobroncos!
09:50 AM on 01/30/14
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
Can we just talk for a second how awesome it was to see a Talk With Soup-inspired sign on Raw? Believe in the soup.
09:54 AM on 01/30/14
ACA
Next Show: No Devotion @ NYC 10/28
User Info.
If you're a fan of Yellowcard, especially Ocean Avenue, and you miss this faux-acoustic tour (there's a second leg now), you're fucking crazy. Easily the best Yellowcard set / performance I've ever seen.
10:05 AM on 01/30/14
mbarney82
User Info.
If you're a fan of Yellowcard, especially Ocean Avenue, and you miss this faux-acoustic tour (there's a second leg now), you're fucking crazy. Easily the best Yellowcard set / performance I've ever seen.

This. I had chills the whole night. One of my favorite shows of all time
10:38 AM on 01/30/14
westendriot
It's ho as hell!
User Info.
Sean is so great. Definitely my favorite one of these so far.
10:45 AM on 01/30/14
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Very enjoyable interview. Sean is a very well-spoken man, wishing him all the best in his fight with cancer.
10:45 AM on 01/30/14
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
i read this quick and thought they were going on another hiatus. holly fuck that almost ruined my day

edit: soup is a great interviewer, i can see him on fuse hosting a show at some point
10:46 AM on 01/30/14
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Definitely agree. It was an amazing show
11:49 AM on 01/30/14
christophsays
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
seconded, thirded, and fourthed. one of my favorite shows of all time. great interview. thanks for taking the time, sean and soupy!
12:18 PM on 01/30/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I dare you to be at a yellowcard show and not get chills when Believe is played. The highlight of the set every night, acoustic or otherwise.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos