wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
It's the Man Overboard of people who make fun of Man Overboard
10:55 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
After being submitted to chl@e or whatever the fuck the song on the last album was, there isn't a chance I ever listen to this dogshit band again.
This band is the disney singalong cassette of scene punk
God that was one of the most embarrassing songs I've ever heard :(
The record, like all records, and the band, like all bands, is not for everyone. That doesn't mean you have to put it down so harshly. It's just not for you. Big deal?
10:57 AM on 02/10/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
The record, like all records, and the band, like all bands, is not for everyone. That doesn't mean you have to put it down so harshly. It's just not for you. Big deal?
huge deal
10:58 AM on 02/10/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
you've never ever ever ever ever talked poorly of a record online. stop being bias because the band are "nice guys"
10:58 AM on 02/10/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I keep hoping that acronym doesn't become a thing ha
We were sitting around and I called them MoBo, and Brendan or Eric went "wait, so we're gonna go with that right? because i didn't know if that was dumb, but i like it." "that's obviously what we're going with." "okay cool"

It's been cemented for over a year dude
10:59 AM on 02/10/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
you've never ever ever ever ever talked poorly of a record online. stop being bias because the band are "nice guys"
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3100301
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=91314132
11:05 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
ridiculous to say i've never written something negative about a record. the band members sure seem like nice dudes but i've met them one time in passing so i can't say i have a relationship with any of them at all. the extent of me knowing them is limited to one song i premiered on fuse.

truly have no idea what you're talking about. but you're making yourself seem like an asshole by saying that i wrote a positive review for any other reason than me liking the album. however, a guy on the internet making himself seem like an asshole is more or less as surprising as two people disagreeing on what they think of a record. so...you know...no big deal!
11:07 AM on 02/10/14
FiendCameron
Why Didn't You Kill Yourself Today?
User Info.
That SYG review makes me frown everytime. Because it's so true.

I liked Sports way better, but I need to give this more of a listen. Nice review, @chl03k is a guilty pleasure of mine. Love the general tune.
11:08 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
i rarely ever write album reviews at all anymore so i'm going to *probably* pick out albums that i like when i'm reviewing. if you can't grasp that then i don't really know what to tell you. if i felt obligated to review more records you would of course see more criticism from me personally.

however i think i do a pretty good job of pointing out the many faults this record has even though i like it a lot. i feel like because of that, you kind of have to consider the review to be pretty objective.
11:15 AM on 02/10/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
That SYG review makes me frown everytime. Because it's so true.

I liked Sports way better, but I need to give this more of a listen. Nice review, @chl03k is a guilty pleasure of mine. Love the general tune.
I listened to the SYG album the other week. I had an easy core day in the car. All 3 SYG LPs + LP2 from FYS. Burning still makes me frown
11:16 AM on 02/10/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
i think some of you need to turn your sarcasm detectors on
11:17 AM on 02/10/14
areyoukittenme?
User Info.
For me, Sports is the really relatable, youth capturing, Upsides-esque album instead of You're Going to Miss It All. I was instantly hooked with Sports, but YGtMIA is gonna be a grower. There are a few songs that capture the same essence (that sounds kind of pretentious but i don't know how else to put it) that Sports had in its entirety but it doesn't maintain it throughout imo. I definitely think I will like it more with each listen but it won't be that album for me. Timing has something to do with it as well; Sports came out at just the right time for it to be super important to me.
11:18 AM on 02/10/14
FiendCameron
Why Didn't You Kill Yourself Today?
User Info.
I listened to the SYG album the other week. I had an easy core day in the car. All 3 SYG LPs + LP2 from FYS. Burning still makes me frown
Especially if you play them back to back. To go from "Our Ethos" to... that. Ugh. Hopefully they come back strong, those two songs they ninja released on Amazon were pretty good.
11:22 AM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
i think some of you need to turn your sarcasm detectors on
wasn't exactly a good sarcasm attempt
11:25 AM on 02/10/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
ridiculous to say i've never written something negative about a record. the band members sure seem like nice dudes but i've met them one time in passing so i can't say i have a relationship with any of them at all. the extent of me knowing them is limited to one song i premiered on fuse.

truly have no idea what you're talking about. but you're making yourself seem like an asshole by saying that i wrote a positive review for any other reason than me liking the album. however, a guy on the internet making himself seem like an asshole is more or less as surprising as two people disagreeing on what they think of a record. so...you know...no big deal!

How that sarcasm flew over both your heads is beyond me, but whatever. I can say negative things about any record, just like you can, and have in the past, several times. I don't like the record, or their past record, because it's corny like a disney singalong tape. If you like the record, good on ya, I don't really know what to tell you. The fact that you had to come out and complain about people being negative is ridiculous.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos