Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 120
01:17 PM on 02/10/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Yeahh, like I said, I'm really torn on the lyrics here. I can say "Who cares?" to a point because it's what the band does, but come on..."My breath smells like coffee and garlic?" Something about "Bitter pills in chocolate pudding"...these are the ones that kill me. Again, I really, really want to like this record more than I do. For me, it's about a 7.
01:18 PM on 02/10/14
Ryan Dennehy
if you will note my original post i said the album and emo christ threads
the album thread doesn't mention either lol. i'm sure there was reference to the awful chloe song in the emo thread, but youre making a strawman.
01:22 PM on 02/10/14
sjb2k1
4-3, the kyle orton show
User Info.
the album thread doesn't mention either lol. i'm sure there was reference to the awful chloe song in the emo thread, but youre making a strawman.
my mistake. the emo christ thread. i noticed like three or four recent posts about it in there. plus instagram got brought up in the review. you looking to pick fights today or something? lol
01:31 PM on 02/10/14
Ryan Dennehy
my mistake. the emo christ thread. i noticed like three or four recent posts about it in there. plus instagram got brought up in the review. you looking to pick fights today or something? lol
you've been very aggressive towards anyone who dislikes this record and i just wanted to point out you were attacking a position that ive been unable to find anyone supporting
01:34 PM on 02/10/14
sjb2k1
4-3, the kyle orton show
User Info.
you've been very aggressive towards anyone who dislikes this record and i just wanted to point out you were attacking a position that ive been unable to find anyone supporting
maybe my one comment in here could be seen as aggressive

you must be confusing me with someone else
01:37 PM on 02/10/14
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Nope, no confusion.
01:42 PM on 02/10/14
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
Sports is one of my favorite album of all time, but this is just not good at all. Your Graduation, Charlie Back and Apartment are the only songs i might listen again, other than that I can't stand it. I've never been that disappointed in an album.
02:13 PM on 02/10/14
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just...I can't. This shit makes me cringe.

This is a record that almost makes me reconsider my opinions of some of my favorite albums. I thought "On The Impossible Past" was too literal at times, but yeah...it wasn't. It's just...not for me. Then again, I'm 25 now, and to Thomas' point, I bet 19-21 year old me would eat this up.
02:39 PM on 02/10/14
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I know that the numbers are downplayed nowadays, but an 8 for lyrics? C'mon...
02:48 PM on 02/10/14
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
User Info.
I really love this album. Great review Thomas!
02:57 PM on 02/10/14
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
For me, Sports is the really relatable, youth capturing, Upsides-esque album instead of You're Going to Miss It All. I was instantly hooked with Sports, but YGtMIA is gonna be a grower. There are a few songs that capture the same essence (that sounds kind of pretentious but i don't know how else to put it) that Sports had in its entirety but it doesn't maintain it throughout imo. I definitely think I will like it more with each listen but it won't be that album for me. Timing has something to do with it as well; Sports came out at just the right time for it to be super important to me.

I don't think it's the timing, I feel the same way. I like YGMIA, there's a a bunch of great songs in there and the ones who aren't great are still good, but the band seemed to step away a little bit from that unique style they had in Sports. This record seems louder and faster and the guitars don't seem to match with the vocals as much. At least that's the impression I got.

I still like the record, though, and I think it's more dynamic than Sports, which loses some power in its second half, but that unique style, or essence, as you called it, is a little bit toned down.

With that being said, Talon of the Hawk is a great record, Santa Monica is hilarious and McCafferty are awesome.
03:21 PM on 02/10/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Yes that band does in fact suck but, again, for a plethora of reasons outside of that.
you treating your opinion as fact is easily the worst development from 2012 that's still going on
03:36 PM on 02/10/14
steveconygre
Unregistered User
User Info.
I fell in love with Sports straight away. I haven't had the rush for this, but it's still pretty good. Needs time to sink in. I just don't find it as quirky really :(
03:56 PM on 02/10/14
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
Incredible record. My favorite new album since the first time I heard it in August. The year of the MoBo
Jesus, August?
03:59 PM on 02/10/14
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
you've never ever ever ever ever talked poorly of a record online. stop being bias because the band are "nice guys"

"this person's opinion is different than mine. I'm going to get really mad about it."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos