1. How did you get your band name? We wanted a name that sounded like kick-ass rock ‘n’ roll. As we were going through a list with suggestions, AC ANGRY was the one that made the cut. To us AC ANGRY sounds like an American muscle-car going at full throttle. It also can be interpreted as raging power, with the AC meaning alternative current.
2. How did this band get started? The band already existed under the name “Taletellers” and we released two full-length albums and toured through Europe under that name. In late 2011 we decided to change our name, because the name “Taletellers” did not represent our style of music properly, which is hard-hitting rock ‘n’ roll with some 80s metal influences. Eventually AC ANGRY was born in late 2011. Since then we did five tours and released our debut record Black Denim in Europe. The North-American street date was January 14th.
3. What bands are you influenced by? I’d say classic Motörhead, AC/DC and newer stuff like Danko Jones, Backyard Babies and Turbonegro.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? That would be Motörhead. It would be a good fit musically and we would be beyond stoked to share the stage with Lemmy, Phil and Mikkey.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Beer.
6. Why should people listen to your band? Because we’re good.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? I don’t want to switch places with anybody. I am happy who I am.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Our fans of course.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? The music industry should be more about the music and less about business.
10. Memorable tour experience? Hanging out and drinking with Saxon on tour in Europe. Very memorable. They are the coolest guys.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? No. 1 source for all things punk rock.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Well, basically all of them. Because otherwise we wouldn't play them live. Some nights you like this or that one a little bit better, but our songs work all very well live, especially songs like “You Got The Thirst, I Got The Booze,” “It’s Good To Be Bad,” and “AC Angry.” Check them out.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Being on the road.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? My father was always blasting Jerry Lee Lewis when I was a kid. My first real album that I had was AC/DC's Live at Donington. rock ‘n’ roll was with me right from the beginning.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? I will never have any super power, so why waste time to think about it?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Drink up, shoot in, let the beatings begin.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? I have no secrets.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? The music we play will most likely not flourish on European radio. There aren’t many stations who play rock music or anything that is not totally mainstream. But I think in the US chances will be better, because of the college radio stations and stuff like that.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? As we concentrate fully on the band, we really have no spare time. But that’s cool. We love what we do.