Johnny Wore Black - 02.05.14
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Johnny Wore Black
1. How did you get your band name?
My name is Johnny, that's what my dad called me. I like Johnny Cash, a story teller with integrity in his writing and delivery. He wore black to identify with those less fortunate and I remember the black suit I wore at my father's funeral when I was seventeen.
2. How did this band get started?
Out of constant need to express through music and there's no time like the present!
3. What bands are you influenced by?
A Perfect Circle, Tool, Bowie, Johnny Cash, Metallica, Stone Sour, RHCP, Radiohead.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
A Perfect Circle because we would make a mind blowing show that would attract a similar audience.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Sushi - but must be made with our own sushi chef touring with us.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we make good music! Come on, am I the right person to answer this?
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Tough question, well I practice Tae Kwon Do so maybe an Olympic Gold TKD person but they don't get much money, perhaps Jensen Button just because he drives fast cars and gets rewarded well for it!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The people that bought my record, my mum, my family, friends and all those that have put up with me! Even the assholes I met along the way for making me stronger.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Yes, bring back vinyl where no music was on the net till it hit the stores so people got excited about going out to buy a physical product again. Oh and please don't give away music for free if at all possible!
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing an acoustic set in Mike's Place in Tel Aviv, Israel, right after a bus bomb. We played "All The Rage" and some literally started crying. It was very moving.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great site for providing new artists the opportunity to be heard, thank you!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Cocaine Blues" by Johnny Cash, love that song. Always makes me feel good. Oh, and "Give It Away" by RHCP - wow, what a tune!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Right now, warm white sands, maybe the Maldives.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Skids, UKSubs, Sex Pistols, Duran Duran, The Undertones, The Jam, The Who.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Like the Silver Surfer because I think he can do anything and also gets to be a surfer, which, let's face it, is really cool!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I did some free diving once, so, breathing and getting into 'the zone'
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I also have a job as the unsung hero in the film industry.....that's a hint.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio is still good for PR but you need to have widespread plugging and be heard everywhere!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Tae Kwon Do and procrastinate about not writing enough songs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can fit a lot of salad in my mouth at one time, makes people laugh.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |