1. How did you get your band name? Chris Cool had a pet turtle named Rocco and he'd only poke his head out for Lynyrd Skynyrd.
2. How did this band get started? We met in jazz band and decided to form a sketch comedy group that turned into a band that's now turned into a religion.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Weirdly not most bands we sound like or listen to. I'm influenced by a band's attitude. usually more often than the music, that just comes with it.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Would love to have seen/toured with Deep Purple forty years ago. As for present, really any band with cute merch girls.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Water, whiskey, and fruit if you want to look good. but on occasion we'll shred some taco bell.
6. Why should people listen to your band? I never said they should.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Picture Mr T. doing one of those guitar center sessions/interviews. God he's really not even an athlete. I love America.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Imagine Dragons for making it so easy.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? Nothing, I love all the asshole BS that goes on. when you find someone to work with that is also a fan and friend it makes the journey that much more enjoyable. A band is usually only as big as they are good. That part isn't up to the industry. We're not that big now for a reason, we're not as good as we're going to be. Although, I'd like to stop hearing so many people say they know 'how the music industry is these days' but that's not something the industry can change.
10. Memorable tour experience?
11. What does AP.net mean to you? I know you guys dig All Get Out, and they're hometown bros. So I dig ya'll!
12. What is your favorite song to play? I play "Sweet Child o Mine" on guitar all the time. It's naturally my go-to lick.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? I miss Charleston, SC, so much.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Tha Space Jam soundtrack.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Robert Plant's vocal chords, so I could be in a band with Jimmy Page.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Usually one too many swigs of ev willy.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Not much, we keep a pretty honest/open relationship. Although we tone it down a touch on camera just in case Disney still comes along.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? Definitely not if you don't write pop songs. I think we have a few on this new record we're about to put out that could do well. we like pop music, so we make pop music.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Play guitar, sing, write, eat bagels, and talk about girls.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Most people don't know that I'm only half Jewish.