1. How did you get your band name? I looked everywhere and came up with a ton of names, and the only name that really stuck in my mind was Night Windows. So, I decided to pay homage to one of my favorite bands (The Weakerthans) and name the band Night Windows after one of John K. Samson's most beloved songs.
2. How did this band get started? A group of my friends got together and bought me a new recording set up for my birthday. By the end of January 2013, I had a new solo record all finished. Then, after being encouraged by some friends to get a band together and play the new record live, Night Windows was born.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Chad Vangaalen, John Vanderslice, Weezer, Death Cab for Cutie, David Bazan, Wilco, Spoon, The Get Up Kids, Cursive, and The Weakerthans.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? It would be great to tour with any of the influences listed above, because I can't seem to tire of their music, and they all seem to have really devoted fans.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Depends if you want the best for your body, or your wallet lol, but if I had to pick, I'd say coffee and breakfast from a diner.
6. Why should people listen to your band? Because it's true and human.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? I'd switch places with Mark McGwire during his record breaking '98 season. It had to be such a magical feeling to catch up with Maris' 61 homerun mark and then pass him and get to 70. I'd only want to switch for that one season though, because of the bad rap he and most of the other players of that era received due to the performance enhancing drugs that they used.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Everyone that ever encouraged me to believe in myself and in my dreams.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? Eh, I wouldn't know where to begin. It's mostly a mystery to me, so I wouldn't know what to change.
10. Memorable tour experience? A show got cancelled due to snow, so we decided to go to Ryan's place in Hoboken and drink and play games (rock, paper scissors, crazy 8s, etc . . .) until we passed out.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
rAP has always been a great resource for credible indie/punk rock news. Also, it was the first place to ever review one of my albums, so it'll always have a place in my heart.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Off of the current Night Windows album Musicassette/Magnetic Memory my favorite song to play is probably "Stay Asleep."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? The mountains in upstate New York. If you've never been, you should go.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? The Beach Boys, and 90s Alternative.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? If I could have any super power, I would choose the power to slow down time. When I'm content, I like to stay where I'm at.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Not really.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? When I sneeze it smells like roses.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? I feel indifferent toward the radio . . . It has its place, and I have mine. Night Windows could possibly flourish on college/public radio, but with my resources I can't see Night Windows flourishing on commercial radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Write songs, drink with friends, frisbee, watch or play baseball & fart around.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? I've been told I'm a good dancer.