AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Handguns Part Ways with Drummer

Posted by - 05:25 PM on 03/15/14
Handguns have parted ways with drummer Woody Spokas.
Anyone who was expecting to see me on the Love like tour with All time Low and Man Overboard sorry but I won't be seeing you guys. With the tour approaching fast I figured it's about time I released a statement. Handguns decided that it's best for me to part ways with the band. I was a member of Handguns for the past 2 years and exceeded way more than I thought I ever would in my life. It was the best 2 years I've ever had in my life and will hold onto those memories and the people that I've met forever. My position in the band can be replaced without a doubt but, those accomplishments and the stories I made will never be taken away from me. Thanks to all of the fans, friends, and family that supported me along the crazy journey I love you all so much for that. You tend to do crazy things like sell a car, quit a full time job, leave loved ones... Anything to keep the dream alive and possible. With that being said anyone that I've met in bands along the way you guys have the most respect from me and I wish you all the best! I'm still going to play music, I'm not sure doing what yet but keep an eye out. This life definitely isn't made for everyone that's for sure. Continue to support Handguns and good music. I love you all and I'm sure we'll cross paths again. It's been real dawgs.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49
06:03 PM on 03/15/14
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i wonder what the issue was. you don't keep a guy around for 2 years in a band at that level if he just wasn't good enough.

edit: just read that he didn't play drums on the new record. hmmm.
06:08 PM on 03/15/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Bad week for drummers.
06:20 PM on 03/15/14
Rosenbcm
User Info.
Bad week for drummers.

Still incredibly shocked over LP.
06:30 PM on 03/15/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Band's statement:
We're going to miss Woody. He's still one of our best friends and we wish him the best of luck with his future. He's done a lot for this band and will always been a part of the family! With that being said; we got our 1st mix of the album two days ago and could not be more fucking stoked about it. It's more aggressive and mature than anything HG has ever done. The guy who drummed in the studio for the record will continue on with us at this time. We're literally more prepared and excited to get back on the road than we've ever been and can't wait to see all of your faces and hang harder than ever before. This isn't the end of anything, promise you that. From us or Woody. Get stoked.
06:41 PM on 03/15/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
did he turn out to be a super creep and a petty thief too?

Gotta mention the fact that handguns once had a member who was a super creep and petty thief.
07:32 PM on 03/15/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
did he turn out to be a super creep and a petty thief too?

Gotta mention the fact that handguns once had a member who was a super creep and petty thief.

Woody is a good guy. I know creeps and thiefs and Woody never fell into that category.
07:34 PM on 03/15/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Woody is a good guy. I know creeps and thiefs and Woody never fell into that category.
I figured, I just needed to remind AP.
08:24 PM on 03/15/14
codeseven
/* No route to host */
User Info.
So Woody didn't drum on any of the tracks for the next album?
08:42 PM on 03/15/14
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds bitter sweet
08:43 PM on 03/15/14
steve187
nah
User Info.
weird seeing news about people you know irl
08:47 PM on 03/15/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
So Woody didn't drum on any of the tracks for the next album?

Correct.
08:50 PM on 03/15/14
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
09:10 PM on 03/15/14
InfiniteArms
#Nygma
User Info.
What's with the drummer exodus?
09:15 PM on 03/15/14
buckcheeks