AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Sledding With Tigers Song Premiere

Posted by - 11:05 AM on 03/20/14
Sledding With Tigers is a band to watch in 2014. The San Diego group has that "folk-but-really-not-folk" kind of sound and if you're down with bands like Modern Baseball or The Front Bottoms, you'll be down with this. Check out the band's new song, "Handshake (Never Trust Relationship Advice From The Lead Singer In A Pop-Punk Band)," in the replies (we've also made it available as a free download). It's off Sledding With Tigers upcoming new album, A Necessary Bummer, will be available digitally on April 15th and on vinyl via Antique Records in May.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
11:05 AM on 03/20/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
11:19 AM on 03/20/14
James Shotwell
User Info.
Thanks for sharing this Drew! The variant vinyl is already close to sold out.
11:34 AM on 03/20/14
buckcheeks
User Info.
Wish it was longer.
11:37 AM on 03/20/14
James Shotwell
User Info.
This is the shortest song on the album. We debated whether or not to release it early, but Dan has been receiving a lot of love for it at live shows so we figured we would put it out and see what happens. Thanks for listening!
11:44 AM on 03/20/14
buckcheeks
User Info.
This is the shortest song on the album. We debated whether or not to release it early, but Dan has been receiving a lot of love for it at live shows so we figured we would put it out and see what happens. Thanks for listening!

I dug it quite a bit. I'll have to check out the album, especially if the other songs are longer. Haha
11:47 AM on 03/20/14
Alex!
The Eventually Home
User Info.
Never listened to you guys before, except one song (Body Posi). So now you guys are two for two with amazing songs. Can't wait for the rest of the album.
11:58 AM on 03/20/14
James Shotwell
User Info.
Never listened to you guys before, except one song (Body Posi). So now you guys are two for two with amazing songs. Can't wait for the rest of the album.
Thanks! I'm not actually part of the band, of course, I just run Antique Records. Dan, the guy who writes, plays guitar, and sings usually wanders around AP a bit later in the day. I'm sure he'll pop into this thread eventually.
12:01 PM on 03/20/14
James Shotwell
User Info.
I dug it quite a bit. I'll have to check out the album, especially if the other songs are longer. Haha
I won't lie to you: The entire album is less than thirty minutes long, but while it lasts 'A Necessary Bummer' is one hell of a good time.
01:49 PM on 03/20/14
galkain
NothingOriginal.net
User Info.
I can't wait for the full album. Could be an AOTY contender for me if this keeps up.
02:07 PM on 03/20/14
James Shotwell
User Info.
I can't wait for the full album. Could be an AOTY contender for me if this keeps up.
If you like what we've released you'll no doubt love the full length. We should have 5 songs out by April 15.
02:56 PM on 03/20/14
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I love that song title haha.
04:40 PM on 03/20/14
The_Effort
User Info.
This band is the best and Dan is probably the best and funniest person I've met while on tour.
05:20 PM on 03/20/14
sleddingwithtig
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks guys! The album is kinda short, but its a punk album, whaddya expect ;) (; *upside down winky face (soon to be invented)*
08:33 PM on 03/20/14
antiradio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Voice is great. Music is great. Lyrics just don't do it for me. Still might check it out

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos