1. How did you get your band name? I wanted to have a name with an exotic ring to it but that could work in classical as well as the pop industry.
2. How did this band get started? I am a solo artist. I started writing lyrics at an early age and later on before I graduated high school I started coming up with melodies.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Most people you could think of from the 1700s to the present day. Ranging from Mozart to Stravinsky to Metallica Guns and Roses to Lady Gaga and Beyonce. I love Skrillex and I'm a big fan of Mouse. I enjoy Massive Attack and often listen to hip hop artists. I like to listen to all sorts of music from all sorts of different time periods.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? I would love to open for Gaga because I think her show is just so awesome and so out there. I think I would bring a brilliant balance as her opening act. My music is a bit more experimental but our topics in music are pretty universal. It would have been awesome to open for Whitney Houston - God Bless her, I think I would have definitely complimented the scene with my power vocals and got the audience ready for their favorite diva.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Apples, turkey jerky, veggie trays. And sun flower seeds.
6. Why should people listen to your band? What my music brings to people is a variety of sounds. People should listen to my music because they won't get tired of it, each time they will find something new. The music is innovative but at the same time it's classic and timeless. The songs all are catchy and memorable.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Michael Phelps.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? If I ever win a Grammy for my Popra "Soldier" album I would first thank the people who inspired this project. I would thank my family and I would thank the soldiers and all of those who serve our country.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? I think when I wanted to change the industry I was chasing an impossible dream. So instead of changing the industry I decided to change my music to open more doors for myself. It's been an amazing journey and so far it feels like the time is right for me and I am just going with the flow.
10. Memorable tour experience? Last Fall I performed in Russia for about 4 months. It was an interesting experience as I had to perform every Sunday and each time it was new music and I had to learn new choreography for each song. It was challenging but I learned a lot, which I will be using in my future projects.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? Great place to discover new music and artists.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Right now I am in love with "Stay" by Rihanna. I also love "Happy" by Pharrell.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? I have a couple and that is Green Max hotel in Turkey, Antalya. And Maikhao dream resorts in Phuket, Thailand.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Elvis Presley, Beatles, disco music, Louis Armstrong, Stevie Nix, Carlos Santana, Tina Turner and many different Russian artists.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? I would have healing powers. I want to help people.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Yes, you might laugh but I like to walk on stage and check out all the corners. It makes me feel like I am in tune with the space. Also I like to take a 30 second moment to myself right before I put the microphone to my mouth and introduce myself. It kind of helps me gather myself around.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? A lot of fans don't know that I use to kick box and I love the outdoors. I really enjoy going on long hikes and I like to camp. I cook really well too, and I like to paint.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? You know, based on my success last summer landing in the top 50 Dance Billboard Charts I say I would say that I have a good chance ending up on the radio again.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? I like to read. Lately I have been in search of a good story that can inspire me to start writing a new Popra.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Good question but if I answer this, it they won't be hidden anymore... I make the best fish tacos and I am good at remembering cards at a black jack table.