AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Brigades Song Premiere

Posted by - 07:05 AM on 04/21/14
One of Pure Noise Records' newest signings, Brigades, will be releasing their EP, Crocodile Tears, on May 6th. Today we're lucky enough to premiere one of the tracks from the band's impressive release. Head to the replies to stream"Traditions," and if you like what you hear go pre-order the EP.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
07:05 AM on 04/21/14
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
07:29 AM on 04/21/14
uofmhockey07
User Info.
wow. really digging this.
08:06 AM on 04/21/14
ZachCTC
Accept the pain, always forgive.
User Info.
Found a leak of this EP online a few weeks ago; I had been actively searching because I was stoked on hearing Writing on the Wall when Pure Noise first released it. I will definitely be picking up the vinyl.

Also, the little bridge/breakdown part starting at 2:18....seriously such a jam.
08:36 AM on 04/21/14
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Wow. I love this.
08:42 AM on 04/21/14
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I love this EP.

A lot of it reminds me of stuff like If These Streets Could Talk-era Just Surrender.
09:18 AM on 04/21/14
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
To me the band sounds like if Life On Repeat decided to go in more catchy pop-punk direction instead of metalcore... and I love it
09:29 AM on 04/21/14
YoungPlanetary
YoungPlanetary
User Info.
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that these guys keep getting classified as pop-punk? They seem more like a post-hardcore band to me...I mean, either genre is still pretty broad, but I don't know. Food for thought I guess.
09:31 AM on 04/21/14
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that these guys keep getting classified as pop-punk? They seem more like a post-hardcore band to me...I mean, either genre is still pretty broad, but I don't know. Food for thought I guess.
Totally agree. They found this perfect middle ground between pop-punk and post-hardcore like many of the bands coming up back in 2003-2005.
09:43 AM on 04/21/14
YoungPlanetary
YoungPlanetary
User Info.
Totally agree. They found this perfect middle ground between pop-punk and post-hardcore like many of the bands coming up back in 2003-2005.
Such a rad blend of genres! Between these guys, Worthwhile and Vices, I'd say there's some great stuff to add to the summer playlist this year.
01:10 PM on 04/21/14
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
This is the first time that I listen to this band, I admit it. And I'm really impressed. They remind me of modern day bands like Miss Fortune or Crooks, but with strong doses of early-to-mid-'00s emo/post-hardcore.
01:23 PM on 04/21/14
lovemetal24
User Info.
Great hook
02:20 PM on 04/21/14
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
Powerful song. I like this.
02:25 PM on 04/21/14
Johnnydcp
User Info.
I dig it. I'm getting a strong therefore I am/ boys night out vibe (boys night out especially in the chorus vox).
03:06 PM on 04/21/14
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
I am seriously loving this.

Does the production on the vocals remind anyone of the production on Translating the Name?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos