|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
That actually came quite quickly. We were always quoting sitcoms in rehearsals and one of them was the Mighty Boosh. So there was a character called Kodiak Jack and we just thought that sounded different and was kinda catchy, so why not? Plenty of bands got their names from characters in film and TV. So it just stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
The band was originally formed back in 2008 by a group of friends who wanted to play heavy rock. It is really since 2011 that the band has started to push for greater things and hone their sound. All members have been seasoned musicians for many years and the current line-up has been together and stronger than ever since March 2013.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
That's a really tough question as with all 5 members there is obviously some crossover, but everyone brings a different element and influence. Jon is more of your classic rock man, Jeff and Keiran love their metal, whilst Bryn and Kev are huge fans of Grunge and early 90s rock. But there are lots of crossovers with influences ranging from Guns n Roses, Soundgarden, Led Zeppelin and Alice in Chains.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Guns 'n' Roses. Original lineup of course.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Pringles and pepperami are up there, but it has to be scotch eggs, blue nun and ruby grapefruit juice. The breakfast of the Gods.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because everyone needs a little Kodiak Jack in their lives.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Daley Thompson or Kris Akabusi...... Kris tells some great online stories. Awooga.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our manager and the KJ family, Brian Wheat for being our mentor and knowing when to tell us to shut up, and some of the best fans and supporters you could wish for.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
More rock and metal radio stations in this country. More like the States...oh, and cheaper festival tickets for sure.
10. Memorable tour experience?
An evening in the UK's second worse nightclub...by far the most hilarious and frightening evening ever!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Any website that has been going for as long as AP has and that continues to champion music, new and old alike, has to be doing something right!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Coming Home" by a mile.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
After last year, California of course!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Guns n Roses.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power of Grayskull. He-Man kicks ass.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
None really other than shut ourselves away for 10 minutes before stage time and to play a game of cards, 'shithead.'
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
No matter where we are in the country, Jon can never get 3G reception on his phone and we have to endure a breakdown every time he tries!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think it's good in the States, but Britain is lagging behind. I think we can hold our own in any radio station playlist, but there is definitely a market for us in the States. Radio and online airplay is so important and especially when you look at things like Spotify coming through. It's a great way to reach different countries and people you wouldn't normally have the opportunity to.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Between rehearsals and gigging, most of the boys spend time relaxing with friends and family, keeping fit, seeing live music and wouldn't be a rare sight to see them frequent a few local drinking establishments from time to time.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Jon and Kev can quote Spinal Tap in its entirety from start to finish including the pauses.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |