AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Drama News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Black Key's Patrick Carney: "Justin Bieber is a Fucking...

Posted by - 02:18 PM on 05/09/14
The Black Keys' Patrick Carney recently spoke with Rolling Stone and re-ignited his spat with Justin Bieber. The state of the music industry has me so cynical that my first reaction was, "but of course, they have a new album out to get hype around."
"I mean, Justin Bieber is a fucking moron. And that's the gist of what I was saying. And then he goes and says I should be slapped? Honestly, I feel bad for him. Every single person who works with him should fucking be embarrassed that they don't... No one is doing him any favors, you know? And honestly, I don't dislike his music. I don't listen to his music, but he needs to not conduct himself that way. Like, really, you make millions of dollars playing music, you should feel fucking lucky.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 87
02:27 PM on 05/09/14
mackieinva
waiting for the day
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean, he isn't wrong.
02:54 PM on 05/09/14
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
"He needs to not conduct himself that way" - says the adult throwing shade at an easy target. If you're going to try and throw out a try-hard "controversial statement" (especially around album release time), then be original.
02:57 PM on 05/09/14
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Yeah, but... it's like... whatever. Pretty fucking stupid, even if it's not just an attention-grab.
02:59 PM on 05/09/14
cshadows2887
User Info.
Anyone ever think the controversial statements pop up more around album releases because that's when people are interviewing them...?
03:01 PM on 05/09/14
IndegootMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone ever think the controversial statements pop up more around album releases because that's when people are interviewing them...?
Some one finally speaks with some logic.
03:02 PM on 05/09/14
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their new album is crap.
03:03 PM on 05/09/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think that's what everyone thinks, isn't it? I assume more quotes show up the more people are interviewed -- just also know these guys love this stuff. Haha.
03:05 PM on 05/09/14
cshadows2887
User Info.
I think that's what everyone thinks, isn't it?
I hope so. It seemed like at least one post in here was implying that he was just making controversial statements to hype the album. It's probably much more likely that bands just do an asston of interviews around a new release, so if they're ever going to give a controversial answer, it'll be then.
03:09 PM on 05/09/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I hope so. It seemed like at least one post in here was implying that he was just making controversial statements to hype the album. It's probably much more likely that bands just do an asston of interviews around a new release, so if they're ever going to give a controversial answer, it'll be then.
I think it goes hand in hand. Chicken egg. Egg chicken.
03:12 PM on 05/09/14
cshadows2887
User Info.
I think it goes hand in hand. Chicken egg. Egg chicken.
Probably so. Either way, I have no love for Bieber's music nor his antics, so swing away, Black keys guy.
03:14 PM on 05/09/14
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like the Black Keys but Patrick Carney sounds like one bitter bastard. Seriously, every interview I read he's always pissed about something. Like, in this interview, he's pissed that Michael Jackson's posthumous release is going to be out the same week as their new record possibly affecting sales. Really dude?
03:25 PM on 05/09/14
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Like this band a good amount and everything, but dude seems like the worst.
03:29 PM on 05/09/14
jake_rm
Unregistered User
User Info.
"If you're a 34-year-old fucking loser like me, and you go on Justin Bieber's Twitter account like a total pervert every time that he gets in trouble, you should look at his tweets the next day. It's always like, 'I love you guys so much, always believe, never stop believing.' He's feeding them the Kool-Aid more and more," he says. "He pours it on heavy, though. It's so manipulative! And whoever taught him that that was OK, whoever's watching him and is like 'that manipulation is acceptable,' should be really ashamed of themselves."

Not remotely a fan of either, this was spot on point for me though...
03:36 PM on 05/09/14
Passion Man
User Info.
Everyone already knows this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News