AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Early November News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Early November "Ever So Sweet" Skate and Surf...

Posted by - 02:31 PM on 05/22/14
Hit the replies to see The Early November playing "Ever So Sweet" from last weekend's Skate and Surf Fest.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
02:31 PM on 05/22/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
02:40 PM on 05/22/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Dead crowd.
03:03 PM on 05/22/14
BurnTheHer0
I'm getting too old for this shit.
User Info.
This is one of their slower songs. I wouldnt really call it a dead crowd. People are clapping and having fun, not every is a 16 year old pit monster anymore.
03:11 PM on 05/22/14
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
didn't skate and surf used to be way bigger than this in the early 2000's?
04:08 PM on 05/22/14
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
didn't skate and surf used to be way bigger than this in the early 2000's?

Where have you been for the last 10 years?
04:27 PM on 05/22/14
rushour144
User Info.
Beautiful. Still my favorite TEN song...that new record needs to drop already!
04:29 PM on 05/22/14
rushour144
User Info.
Really?! Would you expect a crowd to be pushing and jumping around on a song like this? Did you hear the crowd yell with Ace around 1:20? I would not call that dead by any means.
04:57 PM on 05/22/14
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Really?! Would you expect a crowd to be pushing and jumping around on a song like this? Did you hear the crowd yell with Ace around 1:20? I would not call that dead by any means.
Uh yeah. Saw them in NYC last year or two years ago. Every single song, the crowd moved. Not in a moshing/surfing fashion but like a wave of people. Just a fluid motion of everyone screaming the words. Not so much happening in the video. Maybe the crowd was into it for the faster songs but for Ever So Sweet, they just stood there.
04:59 PM on 05/22/14
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
This is one of their slower songs. I wouldnt really call it a dead crowd. People are clapping and having fun, not every is a 16 year old pit monster anymore.
Not to start anything but being told by the band to clap and having the crowd clap just because are two different things. If they weren't told to clap, they'd all be stiffs. Like I said before, it could've just been this song.
05:07 PM on 05/22/14
bradfoshoo
oh hi
User Info.
Uh yeah. Saw them in NYC last year or two years ago. Every single song, the crowd moved. Not in a moshing/surfing fashion but like a wave of people. Just a fluid motion of everyone screaming the words. Not so much happening in the video. Maybe the crowd was into it for the faster songs but for Ever So Sweet, they just stood there.
The crowd is pretty crappy, but it's a festival crowd.

When we go see TEN at a real venue, we are going for TEN. At a festival, thousands of people are there for different acts and you just cant expect a TEN crowd at a festival.
05:17 PM on 05/22/14
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
The crowd is pretty crappy, but it's a festival crowd.

When we go see TEN at a real venue, we are going for TEN. At a festival, thousands of people are there for different acts and you just cant expect a TEN crowd at a festival.
Yeah but if you look at Saturday's lineup, it is a TEN crowd. They played, then Translating the Name Saosin, and Midtown. Maybe the crowd would've been crazier if they played on Sunday? Idk. After looking at the setlist, TEN played an amazing group of songs!
05:20 PM on 05/22/14
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Really love the way they play this song live.
07:57 PM on 05/22/14
TENFAN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
crowd wasn't dead. everyone was singing along whether you can hear it from the video or not. and although it may not have been a great crowd, i've seen them a handful of times since the reunion and this is one of the few times they actually had a most pit for the set to some of the harder songs. hahah. overall crowd was probably a C+ / B- been to better, but it was still fun / great performance. it was visible that they were having a lot of fun up there as was the crowd, even if it wasn't as crazy as some posters may have wanted. plus, there was way more people there on sunday and midtown got a better response playing mid day sunday than headlining saturday. and yeah, what the kid said up there - it's a festival crowd. go to any TEN headlining show and everyone is crazy and etc.
09:32 PM on 05/22/14
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So awesome. ILYTEN! Being at the barrier for Warped Tour '13 is one of my favorite memories ever. That whole event was a particularly great Warped, but this was the tops.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos