Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 114
04:21 PM on 07/24/08
TheHays
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good God.

MCS is one of the best punk-pop/pop-rock styled bands ever. Easily. By a long shot. Their live show is stellar.. they stumbled a bit on the new CD, but no one does what they do better.

Chiodos had potential. Their EPs showcased a little hint of something that needed expansion.. their newest album is a trainwreck. Most of that CD just SUCKS, and that's not oppinion. It has a few cuts worth something, but the album is terrible. For every person who listens to and enjoys Bone Palace seriously, I feel the need to burn them 15-20 CDs of real bands doing what Chiodos is failing at.

Song quality is going to be night and day, and you're going to have fat twelve year old "emo girls" with black hair, fake tears, and nose piercings "hardcore dancing" to songs like "Autographs and Apologies". Still, I've only missed Motion City shows in my area like six times since the band's started so I'll probably find a date and go.

-ACA

i agree. i do like motion city soundtrack (their first two cds), but i happen to like hit the lights (everything) and chiodos (prior to bone palace ballet/craig's overinflated ego) more. perhaps i should have said that to begin with to avoid all these nancies pissing their pants over me calling someone else's opinion "stupid". jesus.
04:34 PM on 07/24/08
meh
Mae
User Info.
hit the lights > chiodos > person l > motion city soundtrack

people's opinions on this website could not be more stupid.

MCS > HTL > Chiodos > Person L, in my opinion.
A) I haven't listened to Hit The Lights' newer album yet, but their older stuff is a little too poppy for me. The singer's voice sort of annoyed me, but since they got a new singer, I should probably check out their new CD.
B) I clearly stated that I've never listened to Person L, so I have no opinion on them. Are they good? Maybe I'll check them out.
C) o·pin·ion (ə-pĭn'yən) A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof. Straight from dictionary.com.
04:38 PM on 07/24/08
TheHays
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
MCS > HTL > Chiodos > Person L, in my opinion.
A) I haven't listened to Hit The Lights' newer album yet, but their older stuff is a little too poppy for me. The singer's voice sort of annoyed me, but since they got a new singer, I should probably check out their new CD.
B) I clearly stated that I've never listened to Person L, so I have no opinion on them. Are they good? Maybe I'll check them out.
C) o·pin·ion (ə-pĭn'yən) A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof. Straight from dictionary.com.

1) their new cd is great and i think you will like the new singer's voice better
2) if you like the starting line, you'll like person l
3) fair enough!
04:39 PM on 07/24/08
Holly HoX!
User Info.
MCS and hit the lights and person l sound good to me
04:59 PM on 07/24/08
bloodyr0mance87
User Info.
i believe i will be going to this in raleigh, despite the rather long drive.
04:59 PM on 07/24/08
LongDistanceDrunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm having trouble understanding how these bands are even remotely similar enough to be co-headlining a tour together...

I see what you are saying but similar bands doesn't matter. I am stoked for the lineup because I like all four bands but HATE the bands Chiodos tours with. I have seen them twice in Louisville and skipped the opening bands. They always tour with shitty sing/scream bands I dislike so this is a nice change of pace for them. I hope this continues with their future tours.

The last time I saw them it was nuts. People were jumping off the tall speakers into the crowd and only 1 security guard. I really wanna see Hit the Lights cause I have missed them to many times.
05:04 PM on 07/24/08
WishYouAway
User Info.
Are those ALL the dates or are they planning on more?
05:05 PM on 07/24/08
LongDistanceDrunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

thursday and underoath will be much better

Is that for real? That sound amazing. I haven't seen Thursday in almost 2 years.
05:07 PM on 07/24/08
LongDistanceDrunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are those ALL the dates or are they planning on more?

Those are all the Chiodos Dates except for the AlaskaMexico dates talked about in the article
05:08 PM on 07/24/08
WishYouAway
User Info.
Those are all the Chiodos Dates except for the AlaskaMexico dates talked about in the article

Damn. That's awfully short.
05:13 PM on 07/24/08
lostinmirrors
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i love Chiodos and Motion City, dont know the other one though
05:15 PM on 07/24/08
jwoody
User Info.
commit this to memory is one of the best pop punk releases to date....such a shame their last one sucked big time...it kills me
05:15 PM on 07/24/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Chiodos is that big to land a co-headlining gig with MCS?
Bone Palace Ballet debuted at 5 on the Billboard Charts.
05:17 PM on 07/24/08
Sandie-Jenkins
Ignore the chiodos SN, this is old.
User Info.
solid tour too bad its not coming my way.
05:18 PM on 07/24/08
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
1) their new cd is great and i think you will like the new singer's voice better
2) if you like the starting line, you'll like person l
3) fair enough!

Not necessarily true. I know a ton of people who don't like Person L but loved The Starting Line.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos