Username
Password

02:46 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Vheissu > The Alchemy Index > Identity Crisis > The Illusion of Safety > poop mouth > The Artist In The Ambulance > Bayside > Theguiltengine
02:47 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
lol wtf.
02:48 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
summer skin
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 25 Years Old
Vheissu > The Alchemy Index > Identity Crisis > The Illusion of Safety > poop mouth > The Artist In The Ambulance > Bayside > Theguiltengine
really? I thought all TR00 Thrice fans blow loads over illusion.
02:48 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
kemichels
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
lol "bayside syndrome"

we need to make a thread and list of bands that fall under that category. like its own genre.

seconded.
02:50 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Illusion has a lot of filler/boring tracks and Identity was my jaaaaaaaam in high school. My friends played "T&C" at some concert during lunch one day, lol. Shit was hard as fuck supreme Bane in 03.
02:50 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Hahah Bayside Syndrome, holy fucking new Down's.
02:56 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
summer skin
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 25 Years Old
posted.
02:56 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
Rawrr
the slime king
T. AZ.
Male - 21 Years Old
haha
03:03 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
Web250
What!? A new avatar?
Hull, UK
Male - 27 Years Old
I dunno, I always thought IOS was Thrice's best, with TAITA a close second. I just could never get into Vheissu.

The change they made going to Vheissu made me turned off Thrice the same way ACBTLD turned me off of Thursday.

In general though, I need new music...recs anyone?
03:04 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
kemichels
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Manchester Orchestra.
03:05 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
kemichels
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Actually...Manchester Orchestra...and Colour Revolt.
03:06 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
summer skin
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 25 Years Old
Actually...Manchester Orchestra...and Colour Revolt.
lol any bands that didn't tour with brand new last year?
03:10 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
kemichels
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
I knew Manchester Did...didn't know Colour Revolt did though.

Check out Judgment Day.

Saw them last night and it's some of the craziest/cool shit I've heard in a long time. REALLY different.
03:50 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
Geoffthurs
Thursday / Geoff
Male - 35 Years Old
Verified
I find it funny how they changed their sound, thought it would work, it blew up as giant fail in front of their face. They got dropped from their label, but had to save face and act like they left, only to drop off tour to try and "reinvent" themselves. Seems like they are jumping too many trends with too much name dropping. All their records kind of sound the same, some have better production than others. And love playing their worst songs in their catalog for some reason, even when you hear the fans that paid money to be their yell for their favorite songs... Geoff just laughs and says some name drop statement like "I Hate Myself" played in my basement, what have you done for music? Here's some piano driven song off ACBTLD, and everyone just stands their with their thumb up their ass.

Hi mike-

For someone who hates us so much, you spend a lot of time with your head up our ass. For someone who pretends to know a lot of shit, seems like you don't know much. For someone who posts a bizillion times a day on a message board, seems like you don't have too many people who respect you here. For someone who likes a lot of great music, you seem to miss the point of this whole communal punk rock thing. Why do you ride my fucking ass every time our name or music gets mentioned? I don't know. Maybe you'll show up to one of our shows and tell me your fucking problem to my face. Or maybe you won't. Either way, we play the songs that move us. We play the music that moves us. We play with people that we like and inspire us. If it doesn't move you, then maybe you should find something that does and stop wasting your time. See all the shit you say that's negative isn't really about us. Because we're good dudes. Like it or not. We "name drop" to try and get our younger more impressionable fans to check out some great artists that don't get credit. We're not going through any kind of crisis--- we would just break up--- it's been 11 years--- I'm done trying to prove anything. BUT we keep making a living by creating music we love. So hate if you want to hate. But you're kind of off base in a lot of your comments and everyone sees it.

G
03:52 PM on 11/19/08 
User Info.
summer skin
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 25 Years Old
Hi mike-

For someone who hates us so much, you spend a lot of time with your head up our ass. For someone who pretends to know a lot of shit, seems like you don't know much. For someone who posts a bizillion times a day on a message board, seems like you don't have too many people who respect you here. For someone who likes a lot of great music, you seem to miss the point of this whole communal punk rock thing. Why do you ride my fucking ass every time our name or music gets mentioned? I don't know. Maybe you'll show up to one of our shows and tell me your fucking problem to my face. Or maybe you won't. Either way, we play the songs that move us. We play the music that moves us. We play with people that we like and inspire us. If it doesn't move you, then maybe you should find something that does and stop wasting your time. See all the shit you say that's negative isn't really about us. Because we're good dudes. Like it or not. We "name drop" to try and get our younger more impressionable fans to check out some great artists that don't get credit. We're not going through any kind of crisis--- we would just break up--- it's been 11 years--- I'm done trying to prove anything. BUT we keep making a living by creating music we love. So hate if you want to hate. But you're kind of off base in a lot of your comments and everyone sees it.

G
No. Fucking. Way.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests