Username
Password

11:37 PM on 03/25/06 
User Info.
Tony Pascarella
User
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Here are my recs for this week, which I haven't posted in about a month. Check them all out and leave your thoughts.

Damiera - I know I've recommended them before, but there aren't enough people here psyched about their upcoming release, M(US)IC, and that's a damn shame. I won't be posting my review of the album until a month before release (it comes out 5/16), but we are working on an possible AbsolutExclusive with the label to bring you all those great tunes ahead of time. If you'd like to see this happen, please show your support for the idea. For those who haven't heard Damiera, they sound a bit like Brazil, but a lot more technically proficient and with more Clap Your Hands-esque vocals.

Ryan's Hope - It's another gimme recommendation from me. RH is a great band with huge potential. Weebs and I love this CD and you should too. It's for fans of aggressive music that doesn't spend 95% of the time screaming about lies. Apocalypse in Increments should be on your CD purchase list for sure.

My Getaway - I promise to make this Central Florida band a regular recommendation until they get the love they deserve. They're a heck of a pop-rock outfit that lies somewhere between the crisp emotion of Mae, sprinklings of Early November, and the unbridled passion of The Academy Is. Their demos just don't scratch the surface of My Getaway's potential. Look for this band to blow up if they can get some label attention.

The Skakabobs - This ska (hence the name!) band from Maryland is the first great band I've found in the revamped Self Promotion forum. Why does this band rule? Well, let's start with the fact that they have a song about Emilio Estevez. You definitely need to give them a chance.

Have a fantastic week.
12:26 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 26 Years Old
Old 91c was an amazing song by My Getaway, I wish I still had it :crytears:
01:25 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
Quikshk
No Avatar Selected
Zurich, Switzerland
Male
Damiera sounds a lot like Moon Is Down-era FSF....pretty sweet
07:11 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
byebyebeautiful
conor is not scene.
massachusetts.
Male - 26 Years Old
...and i was like, "EMILIO!"
07:12 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by Tony Pascarella
Damiera - I know I've recommended them before, but there aren't enough people here psyched about their upcoming release, M(US)IC, and that's a damn shame. I won't be posting my review of the album until a month before release (it comes out 5/16), but we are working on an possible AbsolutExclusive with the label to bring you all those great tunes ahead of time. If you'd like to see this happen, please show your support for the idea. For those who haven't heard Damiera, they sound a bit like Brazil, but a lot more technically proficient and with more Clap Your Hands-esque vocals.
Please make that happen, that would be amazing. I can't wait for this release

And I'm psyched for the release
08:18 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
zizou1790
City of Champions
Pittsburgh / STL
Male - 25 Years Old
good call my getaway is awesome
08:42 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
hey Tony, The Skakabobs link isn't working...too many http's

Good stuff though, I love My Getaway and the emilio estevez song, well...
08:53 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 26 Years Old
There we go, show your Ryan's Hope love!
09:53 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
CorporateFish
Viva la Weez
Columbia, Missouri
Male - 24 Years Old
The Skakabobs are solid.
10:09 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
Ryan Imhof
Registered Member
Blairstown, NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
Good call on My Getaway.
11:21 AM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
derricklc22
Gentelman in Training
TN
Male - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by Tony Pascarella
Here are my recs for this week, which I haven't posted in about a month. Check them all out and leave your thoughts.

Ryan's Hope - It's another gimme recommendation from me. RH is a great band with huge potential. Weebs and I love this CD and you should too. It's for fans of aggressive music that doesn't spend 95% of the time screaming about lies. Apocalypse in Increments should be on your CD purchase list for sure.

My Getaway - I promise to make this Central Florida band a regular recommendation until they get the love they deserve. They're a heck of a pop-rock outfit that lies somewhere between the crisp emotion of Mae, sprinklings of Early November, and the unbridled passion of The Academy Is. Their demos just don't scratch the surface of My Getaway's potential. Look for this band to blow up if they can get some label attention.

The Skakabobs - This ska (hence the name!) band from Maryland is the first great band I've found in the revamped Self Promotion forum. Why does this band rule? Well, let's start with the fact that they have a song about Emilio Estevez. You definitely need to give them a chance.

Have a fantastic week.
I'd love to hear those Damiera songs. I'm all for htis idea. I'm also going to check out My Getaway right this second.
02:50 PM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
hmmmmmm
Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
My Getaway is terrible.
They are just a copy cat band.
I saw them awhile back.
There is nothing special about them.
05:17 PM on 03/26/06 
User Info.
mikeyxxcore
Mike Welsh
No Avatar Selected
Maryland
Male - 24 Years Old
The Skakabobs singer is my sisters ex boyfriend, Harrison. I really looked up to the guy growing up. He's a fantastic musician and just a great guy overall.

Eric and Dave are cool guys too.
06:48 AM on 03/27/06 
User Info.
theOCEANFLOOR
Human
Earth
Male - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by Quikshk
Damiera sounds a lot like Moon Is Down-era FSF....pretty sweet
wha?

but yeah damiera is fuckin sick. i think we're driving to buffalo for the cd release

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets