Username
Password
AOL News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AOL
Inside AP.net

Cash Cash Is About To Pop

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (01/15/09)
AOL thinks Cash Cash is "About To Pop." The band's debut full length, Take It To The Floor, retails this Tuesday, January 20th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
05:02 PM on 01/15/09
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
not a bad call
05:03 PM on 01/15/09
racethesun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
agreed
05:09 PM on 01/15/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
They probably will.
05:11 PM on 01/15/09
Schreiforme417
oh look, I'm back I guess
User Info.
no shit.

huzzah for knowing them when....

goodbye to giving a crap about them, not that it'll matter much. there will be 18 12yr olds for every me and everyone like me who saw them at all those shows in Jersey before they were anything....
05:13 PM on 01/15/09
lucygray
often imitated, never duplicated
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i could definitely see that
05:18 PM on 01/15/09
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
no shit.

goodbye to giving a crap about them, not that it'll matter much. there will be 18 12yr olds for every me and everyone like me who saw them at all those shows in Jersey before they were anything....
anyone want to take this one?
05:20 PM on 01/15/09
GregisXcore
rockisdead-long live paper&scissors
User Info.
yup, this was in my predictions for 09'
05:27 PM on 01/15/09
Iwudstilldie4u
UCSD's AP.net liaison
User Info.
Epic agree

What I like about this band (in addition to their extremely catchy music) is that they actually built themselves form the ground up by starting off as The Consequence and then going through line-up changes and like touring with other bands to get big rather than relying on myspace or purevolume for instant publicity. The full-length was very satisfying. 8.5/10 in my opinion.
05:28 PM on 01/15/09
mariamystar
User Info.
AOL is only saying this because the record label Cash Cash is on is making them. As much as I liked Cash Cash when they were the Consequence, they have really done nothing to build a fan base. How many national tours did they go on? Why does AOL think their is a big buzz behind the band? If they are going to "pop" its because AOL will make them pop, not a huge groundswell from actual fans.

Rep NJ.
05:31 PM on 01/15/09
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
no shit.

welcome to life bro, Ive watched There for Tomorrow and Between the Trees from when they played for like 20 people, to watching Anberlin pick BTT up on national tours and There for Tomorrow beat out All Time Low for the MtvU Break Woodie, its music, you want your favorite band to get big, just deal with it
06:03 PM on 01/15/09
BruisedxBroken
Our song, the sound of suffering...
User Info.
Cash Cash are mad dope like smack, with peanut butter jelly and a baseball bat (fgftw)...
06:08 PM on 01/15/09
dearmsleading
A City Heart instrumentalist
User Info.
AOL is only saying this because the record label Cash Cash is on is making them. As much as I liked Cash Cash when they were the Consequence, they have really done nothing to build a fan base. How many national tours did they go on? Why does AOL think their is a big buzz behind the band? If they are going to "pop" its because AOL will make them pop, not a huge groundswell from actual fans.

Rep NJ.

Did you miss the big tour with metro station? That's a pretty big deal. And you should probably watch their EPK video on youtube, there's throngs of girls watching them play acoustically after the shows. They're getting TONS of fans, and quickly.
I'm pretty sure AOL also thought TREOS were about to pop too... I don't think you can say that their label had a TON to do with that. I'm pretty sure the About To Pop thing is at least moderately legit.
06:09 PM on 01/15/09
dearmsleading
A City Heart instrumentalist
User Info.
Oh. and they're not about to pop. They're about to bust a massive musical nut all over the place.
(in a good way)
06:29 PM on 01/15/09
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
more like about to poop. that doesn't make sense and i don't care because i will not waste a good insult on this 'band'.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests