Password

Album Review

Woe Of Tyrants - Kingdom of Might Album Cover

Woe Of Tyrants - Kingdom of Might

Reviewed by
Woe Of Tyrants - Kingdom of Might
Release Date: January 6, 2009
Record Label: Metal Blade
Woe Of Tyrants' new album, Kingdom Of Might, strangely enough, came with a warning label. Let's read it together:

Warning: Woe of Tyrants isn't for the faint of heart. They play an unbelievably fast and heavy variation of that musical genre known as "metal." If you can't handle throttling vocals, ridiculous drumming, and relentless guitar work, then please, stop reading and get as far away from Kingdom of Might as is possible.

As a continuation, anyone who doesn't want to get completely blown away by a band that matches their technical precision with an aptitude for this genre, please approach with caution. This warning isn't fashioned as a deterrent, we're just taking every precaution necessary to prevent the next fatality of the utterly brutal nature of Woe Of Tyrants. The precariously technical solos and ferocious drum approach shouldn't be taken lightly, and make sure you're sitting on solid ground before that slide just dripping with Southern swagger in "Soli Deo Gloria" hits or you're going to be floored. As a precaution, we ask that you keep a sedative and confidant at hand, just in case the ridiculous solos that hit in just about every song actually get your "air-guitaring" a little out of hand.

For those that have decided to embark upon this album, just know this: there's no turning back. Kingdom of Might IS habit forming and shouldn't be taken with alcohol. For dry spells (when the album doesn't have your complete attention) of 5 minutes or more, please consult a doctor (you'd have to be dead).

If you approach this album with caution and are prepared to be blown away, then it can be both an extremely enjoyable and safe listen. Have fun, and enjoy your next half hour full of astonishment at the frenetic and extremely well-constructed album that is Woe Of Tyrants' debut, Kingdom of Might.

Well. That was odd.

Recommended If You LikeAt the Throne of Judgement; unbelievable musicianship; "extreme metal"

Myspacemyspace.com/wot
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
03:23 PM on 02/18/09
sfzdrummer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I loved this album, I saw them live and was amazed. Especially John's guitar solo in "Break the Fangs of the Wicked!"
03:53 PM on 02/18/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
I loved this album, I saw them live and was amazed. Especially John's guitar solo in "Break the Fangs of the Wicked!"
Their musicianship is outstanding.
07:08 PM on 02/20/09
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
Fantastic review Klatzke. I like that you review the heavier stuff and do it well.

As for the album....wow. Excellent, its good to see a band like this who plays this style so well.
09:55 PM on 02/20/09
Klatzke
User Info.
Fantastic review Klatzke. I like that you review the heavier stuff and do it well.

As for the album....wow. Excellent, its good to see a band like this who plays this style so well.
Awesome, thank you
01:38 PM on 02/21/09
thedondeluge
We are Beggars all.
User Info.
sounds good
04:19 PM on 02/22/09
noles848
User Info.
although this band is not for me, i love the creativity of your review, it had me laughing the whole time!
04:31 PM on 02/22/09
Klatzke
User Info.
although this band is not for me, i love the creativity of your review, it had me laughing the whole time!
Thank you
07:28 AM on 03/06/09
EmaleeMae
asdfghjkl;
User Info.
I saw them at The Middle Grounds last year sometime, they impressed me.
Then, I went to their Album release show in Chillicothe about a month ago, and they blew me away.
Great album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version