Username
Password

Article - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 341.
02:01 PM on 02/23/09
YoMusicSoFat
Like your shoes, love your hair...
User Info.
since when was Bleed American referred to as Salt, Sweat, Sugar?
Since 9/11.

Or the song was renamed, and they renamed the album Jimmy Eat World. Something to that effect.
02:01 PM on 02/23/09
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
a lot of great records on this list.
here is my list...sorry if some of them are kinda old school. but i am old as fuck, and these cd's got me through some long cold drives in a shitty conversion van.

saves the day-through being cool
a new found glory-nothing gold can stay
mineral-the power of failing
green day-dookie
jimmy eat world-clarity
snapcase-progression through unlearning
punchline-action
taking back sunday-tell all your friends
dashboard confessional-swiss army romance
from autumn to ashes-so sorry you're beautiful

stay posi
jt
Your taste is awesome
02:04 PM on 02/23/09
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
dear julia/ap.net staff, some of your picks are dead-on, although I think you've overlooked too many obvious choices and went with deeper cuts that are a bit too obscure to be considered an "absolute classic" by my definition.

my list would likely have included something from Green Day for example. Like "dookie" or even "american idiot" if you want to go new school. i think Saves the Day "through being cool" is painfully absent from this list. NOFX "punk in drublic" should also probably be on there, along with Bad Religion "suffer" or even "stranger than fiction". No Operation Ivy?

really, you should have done absolute 100. in my opinion. the list is just too damn short, and i could never, in good faith, recoomend Propaghandi to someone over Social Distortion, Lagwagon, Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid, etc., all of which have made stronger and more important albums than "today's empires tomorrows ashes". IMHFO.
02:06 PM on 02/23/09
jtwoodruff
User Info.
Your taste is awesome
thanks man.
02:07 PM on 02/23/09
hiya
User Info.
I guess I'm not that cool since I only have 3 of those cds,probably because most were before my time. Anyway, I'm too lazy to make a list, but No Doubt "Tragic Kingdom" would be on it.
you should do a list as well of more recent classics, from like 2002 on, you know to please us youngins.
02:07 PM on 02/23/09
jtwoodruff
User Info.
dear julia/ap.net staff, some of your picks are dead-on, although I think you've overlooked too many obvious choices and went with deeper cuts that are a bit too obscure to be considered an "absolute classic" by my definition.

my list would likely have included something from Green Day for example. Like "dookie" or even "american idiot" if you want to go new school. i think Saves the Day "through being cool" is painfully absent from this list. NOFX "punk in drublic" should also probably be on there, along with Bad Religion "suffer" or even "stranger than fiction". No Operation Ivy?

really, you should have done absolute 100. in my opinion. the list is just too damn short, and i could never, in good faith, recoomend Propaghandi to someone over Social Distortion, Lagwagon, Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid, etc., all of which have made stronger and more important albums than "today's empires tomorrows ashes". IMHFO.
fuck...good call on punk in drublic. i should have included good riddance-operation phoenix, or no use for a name-making friends
02:11 PM on 02/23/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Ah so it's a combination of individual submissions and not a cumulative list?

Progression Through Unlearning needs way more love than it gets.

lol get the fuck out of here.

It was a mix. Some were obviosly picked by multiple people and some weren't but when posted got an "oh duh!" haha
02:16 PM on 02/23/09
Knight Lies
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hmm...I only have three of those albums. I must not be popular like the cool kids.
02:20 PM on 02/23/09
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
Looks like I'm loaded up on music for the next month or so.
02:25 PM on 02/23/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

If you've read, you'd notice that we didn't say this was a definitive list by any means. I'm sure there will be other features like this.
02:29 PM on 02/23/09
Jumpoff
Jews for Cheeses
User Info.
My personal top 15 :

Bob Marley - Burnin'
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Descendents - Milo Goes to College
Descendents - Everything Sux
Bob Dylan - Bringing it All Back Home
Propagandhi - Less Talk More Rock
Propagandhi - Today's Empires Tomorrow's Ashes
Fugazi - 13 Songs
Andrew Jackson Jihad - People That Can Eat People..
Andrew Jackson Jihad/Ghost Mice Split
Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust Inc
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose
Against Me! - Acoustic EP
Against Me! - Crime EP
02:30 PM on 02/23/09
Jumpoff
Jews for Cheeses
User Info.

IMO Today's Empire Tomorrow's Ashes is leaps and bounds better than all of those
02:30 PM on 02/23/09
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
White pony is such an incredible album.
Also i remember getting hello rockview right after it came out, man havn't listened to that in a while.
02:32 PM on 02/23/09
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
Since 9/11.

Or the song was renamed, and they renamed the album Jimmy Eat World. Something to that effect.
yeah, that's what i thought. they way you put it made it seem like they changed the name of the cd, when they just changed the name of the song and self-titled the cd.
02:37 PM on 02/23/09
nickyrayxnj
The Years Gone By / Nickolas Madore
User Info.
great list! i'd love to have seen "The Get Up Kids - Four Minute Mile" on there.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version