User Info.
Meh, I'd say Dear Love fits that descripion a bit better
They both fit that.
06:14 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
They both fit that.
I think that each record is very different.
06:53 PM on 03/04/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
I think that each record is very different.
Than the other, but not different from any other type of metalcore being played.
07:03 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Than the other, but not different from any other type of metalcore being played.
No I agree but I think they at least do a few smaller things different where they kind of make it their own. I listen songs like "You Can't Spell Crap Without the C" or "This Song Is Called" and think that there aren't too many other bands doing it like this.

I don't know, you can find what it is you're looking for in their music. If you think they're generic, you'll find songs that fit that arguement. If you think they're original, you can find songs to support that arguement too.
07:08 PM on 03/04/09
Klatzke
User Info.
No I agree but I think they at least do a few smaller things different where they kind of make it their own. I listen songs like "You Can't Spell Crap Without the C" or "This Song Is Called" and think that there aren't too many other bands doing it like this.

I don't know, you can find what it is you're looking for in their music. If you think they're generic, you'll find songs that fit that arguement. If you think they're original, you can find songs to support that arguement too.
All of my friends are into them, I've seen them live twice, own one of their albums, and have heard the other front to back time and time again.

They're generic metalcore, those songs are (in my opinion of course) generic metalcore as the rest of their songs are. Really, I don't know how they've gotten popular. I don't mean this harshly, and I get that people dig them, but I don't understand how they've met the level of acclaim they have.
12:56 PM on 03/05/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
All of my friends are into them, I've seen them live twice, own one of their albums, and have heard the other front to back time and time again.

They're generic metalcore, those songs are (in my opinion of course) generic metalcore as the rest of their songs are. Really, I don't know how they've gotten popular. I don't mean this harshly, and I get that people dig them, but I don't understand how they've met the level of acclaim they have.
I think that certain bands can just click for some people while for others it doesn't. Maybe that's how it is for you with TDWP. Personally, I don't find them overly generic. In parts generic, but overall, I think at times they can do something original as in the two songs Is used as an example previously.

What's with generic being a problem nowadays? I think being generic is far from the worst thing you could say about a band. People(everyone, not you specifically) find a problem with a band being generic. For me, that's the last thing I think of. As long as the band has an appeal, appears to be talented musically, and writes some pretty decent lyrics, it's all good to me.
01:03 PM on 03/05/09
Klatzke
User Info.
I think that certain bands can just click for some people while for others it doesn't. Maybe that's how it is for you with TDWP. Personally, I don't find them overly generic. In parts generic, but overall, I think at times they can do something original as in the two songs Is used as an example previously.

What's with generic being a problem nowadays? I think being generic is far from the worst thing you could say about a band. People(everyone, not you specifically) find a problem with a band being generic. For me, that's the last thing I think of. As long as the band has an appeal, appears to be talented musically, and writes some pretty decent lyrics, it's all good to me.
If you've noticed, I'm the same way. A lot of my reviews rank low on creativity, high on reviewer tilt. If you read them I'm sure you've noticed that. At the same time though, I don't believe TDWP even does the genre that well. No slight on him, but Hranica's vocals in no way do it for me, and you can't really say their guitarists are overly impressive.
01:07 PM on 03/05/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
If you've noticed, I'm the same way. A lot of my reviews rank low on creativity, high on reviewer tilt. If you read them I'm sure you've noticed that. At the same time though, I don't believe TDWP even does the genre that well. No slight on him, but Hranica's vocals in no way do it for me, and you can't really say their guitarists are overly impressive.
Believe me, I love TDWP but I wouldn't say that I belive they're the greatest band to ever exist in the genre. I just get a bit annoyed when other people make it out to be that all TDWP fans build them up as something great because i don't and I think that Plagues is an amazing record.
01:14 PM on 03/05/09
Klatzke
User Info.
Believe me, I love TDWP but I wouldn't say that I belive they're the greatest band to ever exist in the genre. I just get a bit annoyed when other people make it out to be that all TDWP fans build them up as something great because i don't and I think that Plagues is an amazing record.
I still don't think plagues is anything special at all, if anything I believe it's a step down from DL:ABD.

Most TDWP fan DO make them out to be some amazing, pioneering band of metalcore and that's annoying as hell.
01:17 PM on 03/05/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
I still don't think plagues is anything special at all, if anything I believe it's a step down from DL:ABD.

Most TDWP fan DO make them out to be some amazing, pioneering band of metalcore and that's annoying as hell.
Well I don't think that at all.

You think Dear Love is better?
01:26 PM on 03/05/09
Klatzke
User Info.
Well I don't think that at all.

You think Dear Love is better?
Yeah, I do.
01:27 PM on 03/05/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
It sounds more like what it really is, older material rehashed for the sake of a quick release.
01:47 PM on 03/05/09
Klatzke
User Info.
It sounds more like what it really is, older material rehashed for the sake of a quick release.
and Plagues is more generic and kind of gimmicky.
01:54 PM on 03/05/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
and Plagues is more generic and kind of gimmicky.
Hahaha, agree to disagree?
04:04 PM on 03/06/09
ASolemnShadow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's not like he was a band instantly. The Guy has been in the music business for a very long time. He's worked hard. I wouldn't bash him. He's a great singer. although I'm still not sure if he did 100% of the vocals for AA!. I like him, he worked hard to get where he is.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests