Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 101
11:29 AM on 04/30/09
Kaku
Listener of the Year
User Info.
I think it is a good review, but I also think the album itself is a bit better, than rated. Maybe mid to high 70's.
In my opinion it is a "Have a good time"-record, which won't get 85 or better, but it makes fun listening to it and the release date is a well chosen one. It will be rotating a lot more in the summer.
11:43 AM on 04/30/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Didn't like it at all. Streamed it on Victorys site and just fucking hated it. Was really sad about it to. I wanted to buy it but couldn't force myself to waste the money in hopes it'd grow on me
12:05 PM on 04/30/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i really like "Los Angeles" and "The Running Man" and decently like a few others. But I think this is a step up from Champion, that record blew.

Nice writing in here, too
12:23 PM on 04/30/09
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
i really like "Los Angeles" and "The Running Man" and decently like a few others. But I think this is a step up from Champion, that record blew.

Nice writing in here, too
I really liked Champion. While it didnt hook you instantly like CLC it over time really grew on me
12:23 PM on 04/30/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
this better than champion?
no, but it seems like it picks up where Champion left off. catchy & fun
12:32 PM on 04/30/09
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
all of their albums are great, and this is right up there.
i agree with the review for the most part, though i really don't find any "bad" song in it. and "The Way You Move" and "It's Gonna Be Hard (When I'm Gone)" are just classics for The Audition.
i don't know why, but i just feel proud of them when i listen to this album.
12:36 PM on 04/30/09
dani1292
@dani1292
User Info.
This album isn't bad, but it's definitely their worst yet. Maybe it'll grow on me...
This is a great review, by the way.
12:40 PM on 04/30/09
klawansie7
do you believe in magic?
User Info.
I really liked Champion. While it didnt hook you instantly like CLC it over time really grew on me
yes.
01:03 PM on 04/30/09
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
I'd say they've gotten slightly worse with each album. By no means, do I think any of their albums are terrible though. Out of the pop-punk out there today, The Audition are one of my favorites, but I feel like they have made little progress from album to album. I like Self-Titled Album, but it feels like Champion part 2.
02:26 PM on 04/30/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
That might read negatively, but check out "Los Angeles" -- that's the type of song that would have been ripe for the picking on Lights and Sounds. There are some darker tones present here that remind me of that album -- and both strive for an alt. rock-pop sound.
What no way! Lights and Sounds is one of my favorite albums ever, if anything L&S >>>> The Audition for me. I totally dig "Los Angeles", not sure I hear the darker tones though.
02:28 PM on 04/30/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
is that really the album art? yuck
It was done by a guy from Glamour Kills. So...yeah you'd think it'd be a little more inventive? or at least colorful?
02:38 PM on 04/30/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Nice review
02:43 PM on 04/30/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
What no way! Lights and Sounds is one of my favorite albums ever, if anything L&S >>>> The Audition for me. I totally dig "Los Angeles", not sure I hear the darker tones though.
I dunno, it reminds me of it in places -- pretty much an amalgam of that album and the others I put in the RIYL.
03:08 PM on 04/30/09
Sandie-Jenkins
Ignore the chiodos SN, this is old.
User Info.
Great cd, different than Champion but not a complete 180 on their sound. Solid cd.
03:26 PM on 04/30/09
smokeanL
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i lost all interest in this band after clc. their music just doesnt do anything for me anymore.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos