User Info.
once again

hook, line and sinker
What are you trying to prove?
01:02 PM on 05/02/09
StillTrying1288
Suit Up!
User Info.
I'd give this an album around an 85 so catchy.
06:29 PM on 05/02/09
Juxtapose
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What are you trying to prove?
seeing you still dont get it, I will go into more detail
people on this site take everything red name say for gospel
Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air

In west philadelfia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys said were up in no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said youre moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed suitcase my and sent me on my way
She gave me a kissin and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might aswell kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of bel-air livin like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air
07:57 PM on 05/02/09
Juxtapose
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You mean gospel as in the 2Pac song Ghetto Gospel, right?
dude im tryin to do my dailies in Icecrown, gtfo
10:37 PM on 05/02/09
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
i don't like this genre anymore, i enjoyed controversy and champion though. Is it worth listening to?
10:42 PM on 05/02/09
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
i don't like this genre anymore, i enjoyed controversy and champion though. Is it worth listening to?
if you liked controversy and champion, then yes. it's a great mix of the 2 i think
10:46 PM on 05/02/09
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
if you liked controversy and champion, then yes. it's a great mix of the 2 i think
oh ok cheers, i might do that then!
11:19 PM on 05/02/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
seeing you still dont get it, I will go into more detail
people on this site take everything red name say for gospel
Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air

In west philadelfia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys said were up in no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said youre moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed suitcase my and sent me on my way
She gave me a kissin and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might aswell kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of bel-air livin like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air
Ah, see, it all makes so much sense now.
01:38 AM on 05/03/09
fairweather002
man, Im buff
User Info.
I loved Controversy but was a little bummed out over Champion, save for Warm me Up. This album is solid and it doesn't remind me of either of their other 2 albums, but its really good and extremely catchy. Plus the album covers colors are just awesome.
08:09 AM on 05/03/09
Kbm600
Here, It Never Snowed
User Info.
Great review but I cannot believe you thought Los Angeles lacked a hook!
catchiest song I've heard yet.
05:33 PM on 05/03/09
americandream
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
first of all, whoever "reviewed" this album, should be fired-no doubt. i'm completely baffled at the fact that you (ONE INDIVIDUAL) are really going to sit here and say The Audition's new album is unimaginative and unorganized! This is The Audition's most well-written, and put together c.d. to date. It includes a broad spectrum of different sounds, which gives EACH individual a chance to connect with at least one, or more songs. It was a genius idea for Danny and the band to actually make an album that can not only attract to their current listeners, but also to the listens that have just blown them off before. Each track is unique in its own way, lyrically AND musically. It really disheartens me, a fan of not only the audition, but the rock-alternative genre in general. I've seen this band perform live numerous times, and I have never seen a singer love what they do, more than Danny Stevens does. A singer that truly CARES for his fans, and strives to give them what they want, and expect. This band is part of the Victory Records label, which is probably the worst label there is. They have to work twice as hard to prove themselves to their following, because Victory doesn't do diddly-squat for them. They have done nothing but take advantage of this hard-working, multi-talented band. Danny Stevens is MUCH too good of a singer/songwriter to be belittled the way you have in this review.

Like I said, whoever wrote this article is on drugs.
You must have been listening to some other shit,
because "Self-Titled Album" would have BLOWN your face off.
06:45 PM on 05/03/09
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
first of all, whoever "reviewed" this album, should be fired-no doubt. i'm completely baffled at the fact that you (ONE INDIVIDUAL) are really going to sit here and say The Audition's new album is unimaginative and unorganized! This is The Audition's most well-written, and put together c.d. to date. It includes a broad spectrum of different sounds, which gives EACH individual a chance to connect with at least one, or more songs. It was a genius idea for Danny and the band to actually make an album that can not only attract to their current listeners, but also to the listens that have just blown them off before. Each track is unique in its own way, lyrically AND musically. It really disheartens me, a fan of not only the audition, but the rock-alternative genre in general. I've seen this band perform live numerous times, and I have never seen a singer love what they do, more than Danny Stevens does. A singer that truly CARES for his fans, and strives to give them what they want, and expect. This band is part of the Victory Records label, which is probably the worst label there is. They have to work twice as hard to prove themselves to their following, because Victory doesn't do diddly-squat for them. They have done nothing but take advantage of this hard-working, multi-talented band. Danny Stevens is MUCH too good of a singer/songwriter to be belittled the way you have in this review.

LMAO
please, i love the audition, but people like you make the ones of us who are sensible look retarded. go fangirl somewhere else.
this was a well written review, and actually compliments the band in many areas, especially danny. should it have gotten a higher score? perhaps.do i agree with all of it? no. but guess what? people are allowed to have opinions (CRAZY notion, i know) and this was Chris's (which by the way, his name is clearly there...you don't have to refer to him as "whoever reviewed the album"). your opinion is not fact, so stop talking like it is. i can't stand when people do that, even if i agree on some points
07:04 PM on 05/03/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.

Please, just...just...fuck it.

12:14 PM on 05/04/09
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Dissappointing album. Lasting value and creativity are minimal

pretty much. i only liked "the running man", " sign. steal. deliver." and "stand on your feet"

champion is wayyyyyyy better imo
12:33 PM on 05/04/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
pretty much. i only liked "the running man", " sign. steal. deliver." and "stand on your feet"

champion is wayyyyyyy better imo
I agree that Champion is better, but I don't agree with your song choices. I'd say My Temperature's Rising, Love With A Movite and It's Gonna Be Hard (When I'm Gone) are my favs

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos