Username
Password

12:39 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
redsoxguy676
I think in decimals and dollars.
Emmaus, PA 610
Male - 25 Years Old
Now that the release candidate is out there for download, who thinks this operating system will out perform your expectations?

I for one downloaded it this morning, installed it and haven't been able to get off of it. It runs a lot faster and smoother than vista did as well.

Discuss.
12:41 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
Here It Goes
Registered Member
Regina, Sk
Male - 29 Years Old
I'm a moron with computers, but I don't really dig Vista all that much. Is there a way to install Windows 7 as your primary OS, and ditch Vista? I've never done any of that before, I don't really know how to "try it out" when it's a complete operating system.
12:47 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
redsoxguy676
Emmaus, PA 610
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm a moron with computers, but I don't really dig Vista all that much. Is there a way to install Windows 7 as your primary OS, and ditch Vista? I've never done any of that before, I don't really know how to "try it out" when it's a complete operating system.
Well, as for right now it's not the greatest idea to just ditch Vista. Since Windows 7 is only in the release candidate stage it still has a chance to be fixed and upgraded before it is shipped to the consumer. The easiest way to do this is to partition a small part of your hard drive so you can install Windows 7 without losing your Vista operating system. If you would like I can tell you the easiest way to go about doing this.
12:48 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
Here It Goes
Registered Member
Regina, Sk
Male - 29 Years Old
Well, as for right now it's not the greatest idea to just ditch Vista. Since Windows 7 is only in the release candidate stage it still has a chance to be fixed and upgraded before it is shipped to the consumer. The easiest way to do this is to partition a small part of your hard drive so you can install Windows 7 without losing your Vista operating system. If you would like I can tell you the easiest way to go about doing this.

Yeah, if you would, that would be awesome. How small a part of the hard drive are we talking? When is W7 due for release?
12:56 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
redsoxguy676
Emmaus, PA 610
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah, if you would, that would be awesome. How small a part of the hard drive are we talking? When is W7 due for release?
Well my Gateway laptop I am using right now has a 160 GB hard drive in it, and I partitioned about 15 GB for Windows 7. So you don't need that much.

And various reports say W7 is due out by the end of summer. Acer and a few other companies have said they plan on shipping laptops and computers with windows 7 in the fall.
01:16 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 30 Years Old
i'll wait to upgrade it until its pretty much shipping and somewhat free of bugs.
01:21 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
doomcrs04
Train Rides Up North
En Wy See
Male - 25 Years Old
JAUNTY JACKALOPE FTW

x
01:23 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
Susanna
Gotta big big big heartbeat, yeah
i'll wait to upgrade it until its pretty much shipping and somewhat free of bugs.
That's probably a very good idea. My dad worked on Vista and he said that there were tons of issues that had to be resolved from this stage to the actual release.
01:27 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
Hiroki
Hooning bogan bro!
Here the now
Male
I'm setting up a usb boot disc right now with windows 7 on it. I enjoyed the beta but my only complaint was that none of my drivers were found, hopefully this is changed in the release candidate
03:33 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
Aberdeen, Scotland
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, I am thinking of partitioning my external hard drive, and booting 7 from that, but I may wait a while before downloading, to try and get something bug free...
03:38 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
Kif
this is me irl
Lincoln, UK
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm too lazy to install again, gonna keep using Build 7000 until it expires. So far everything's been good. It's gonna be hard to go back to Vista when the trial ends.
05:50 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Now that the release candidate is out there for download, who thinks this operating system will out perform your expectations?

I for one downloaded it this morning, installed it and haven't been able to get off of it. It runs a lot faster and smoother than vista did as well.

Discuss.

that's not saying much, considering my poop runs faster and smoother than vista did.
06:08 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
Web250
What!? A new avatar?
Hull, UK / Suffern,...
Male - 27 Years Old
JAUNTY JACKALOPE FTW

x

This.

Been using solely linux for 4 years...and been dabbling in it for 8.
08:18 PM on 05/09/09 
User Info.
RecklessXRandy
hi
Cincinnati, Ohio
Male
I still have vista
04:10 PM on 09/16/09 
User Info.
ammar
paint the fuck in grey
sorry to bump old thread, but i got a widnows 7 proffesional and serial but i cant upgrade from vista home premium to proffesional, i have to do a clean install (fuckin microsoft)... but I CAN do an uprage with Windows 7 Ultimate... so will it be possible to use my windows 7 serial key on a *illegaly* downloaded version of Ultimate?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos