Username
Password

10:01 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
For Broken parachute...

Pop = Soda

I had to translate the midwestern to eastern lingo.
hahaha. you guys say soda...youre nuts
10:02 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
bamf
thats what she said
Los Angeles
Male
diet a little bit, youd be amazed how much wieght you can lose if you jsut cut out the stupid shit (soda, candy, fast food, and other obvious stuff) and quit snacking.

i recomend an exercise prgram similar to this.

10 minutes warm up of elliptical machine
day one - about 4 or 5 different chest exercises, 2 tricep exercises, abs
day two - about 4 or 5 back exercises, 2 bicep exercises, abs
day three - rest or strictly cardio
day four - about 4 or 5 shoulder exercises, abs
day five - about 4 or 5 leg exercises
day six - about 3 tricep exercises, abut 3 bicep exercises, abs
day seven - rest or strictly cardio
10 or 15 minutes or running

you would be amazed how well that would work

i play college soccer and am 6 foot 210 and am well built, but i helped my brother lose a lot of wieght with somehtign like this.
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
now that im back at school i am really bad at going to the co-rec becasue its very intimidating to go there because everyone is benching like 250+ and i can probably do 180 once or twice.....

i've been there dude, i know what that feels like, so trust me when i say this: that's fucking stupid.

if you're doing this to impress other dudes, that's a whole other thing. but if you're doing this for yourself, who cares what the people around you are doing.

i played football all through high school and for a year in college, but i've never been able to bench impressively. i always had a strong body and was relatively cut, but i never pressured myself with how much weight i was doing. i did what i could. i pushed myself, and once i hit my limit i wasn't ashamed of it. i wasn't trying to impress anybody, i was trying to strengthen my body.

and plus, most dudes get into their workouts. you may think they're looking at you and snickering about how little you're doing, but they're not. they really don't give a shit. and if they are, they've got bigger personal issues than you do, so you can snicker amongst yourself. it all balances out.

i say this as somebody who used to be overly intimidated by stepping into weight rooms. it's just a pointless attitude to have.
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I thought you were the biggest alcoholic up until that sentence.
hahaha I figured everyone would

this definitley sounds like a conversation i want to get in on.

i worked out alot over the summer. i was extremely weak and scrawny since i had done virtually no physical activity since 8th grade wrestling haha...so like 5 years later. i couldnt even bench 100lbs. it was fucking pathetic. so i worked out all summer. i could only do 3 sets, 10 reps of 140 (which is nothing to most people) by the end of the summer by i felt so much better about myself....being really small and all. but it was nice when people started to notice.

the only thing was is that i didnt have enough weights for all my bars and i hatedswitching weights all of the time....i was also bad a doing legs...i always did upper body like every day. and i was never sure on how i should eat.

for cardio i would play ultimate frisbee pretty much everyday so that worked out great. but other than that i was clueless on what to do.

and now that im back at school i am really bad at going to the co-rec becasue its very intimidating to go there because everyone is benching like 250+ and i can probably do 180 once or twice....and running sucks because i get bored of it after a while, thats why frisbee was perfect...we played for like 2-3 hours a day and i would run so much more than if i would just go jog a couple miles.
I'm not trying to brag, but if I worked out..I could potentially be like a bus, with my frame and all. Where I work I lift a lot of stuff and I've been working there for almost a full year. I lift so much shit that I've gained like natural muscle. I haven't worked out that much and I'm almost as strong as some of my friends. That's the motivation I have right now.

just don't get too obsessed with it and you'll be fine. there won't be tons of change from one day to the next. it'll be all small changes that add up over time. as long as you can understand that and not let it get to you, go for it.

but the second you start losing confidence or motivation because you're not happy with what you're seeing on the scale (if that second comes), don't give up. keep doing what you're doing and only look at the scale every few days or so.

i, personally, go about the whole thing with a better overall attitude when i'm not checking every day. if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, the progress will be made. but not everybody's content with just weekly updates and need them daily.
Losing my confidence is what I'm worried about (ironic?). I'm afraid if I don't see results quickly I'll give up.

gallon jug of water. keep it with you at all times. not in the fridge, just by your side. drink away.

honestly, if you really drink that much, eliminate pop cold turkey and go a week with just water and you'll be amazed how much better you feel in just a week's time.
Yeah I'm gonna have to start doing that.

all i drink is water....i have a case of water in my fridge all of the time....ill drink milk every now and then but thats just when im at the dining court...i probably shouldnt drink as much milk as i do (becasue its 2%...but eh).
haha sorry I love how you guys say pop. it's funny how culture/speech is different only a few states away.
10:03 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
For Broken parachute...

Pop = Soda

I had to translate the midwestern to eastern lingo.
hahaha isn't it funny? We're only a few states over and we speak so different.
10:04 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
bamf
thats what she said
Los Angeles
Male
diet a little bit, youd be amazed how much wieght you can lose if you jsut cut out the stupid shit (soda, candy, fast food, and other obvious stuff) and quit snacking.

i play college soccer and am 6 foot 210 and am well built, but i helped my brother lose a lot of wieght with somehtign like this.

p.s drink tons of water and take a multi vitamin
10:04 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
histrionics22
What were you Thinking?
Brick, NJ
Male - 27 Years Old
hahaha isn't it funny? We're only a few states over and we speak so different.
Yeah. Try all of western PA speaking differently. You wouldn't believe the weird pronunciation they have for syrup.
10:06 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
Losing my confidence is what I'm worried about (ironic?). I'm afraid if I don't see results quickly I'll give up.

then i strongly suggest not checking every day. even every other day, or every three or four days.

you just need to know that if you're doing what you need to be, results will happen. they won't overnight, but they will. if you get too caught up in a number you'll lose faith in that fact and stop doing what you need to be doing.
10:07 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
itsjdiggity
7-0
Los Angeles, CA
Male
i picked up:

whole wheat bread
all natural peanut butter with lots of omega-3
sugarfree strawberry preserves

does all peanut butter have that much fat/saturated fat? there's also some monounsaturated fat...with all that fat, is it really that healthy as it seems?
10:07 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
i've been there dude, i know what that feels like, so trust me when i say this: that's fucking stupid.

if you're doing this to impress other dudes, that's a whole other thing. but if you're doing this for yourself, who cares what the people around you are doing.

i played football all through high school and for a year in college, but i've never been able to bench impressively. i always had a strong body and was relatively cut, but i never pressured myself with how much weight i was doing. i did what i could. i pushed myself, and once i hit my limit i wasn't ashamed of it. i wasn't trying to impress anybody, i was trying to strengthen my body.

and plus, most dudes get into their workouts. you may think they're looking at you and snickering about how little you're doing, but they're not. they really don't give a shit. and if they are, they've got bigger personal issues than you do, so you can snicker amongst yourself. it all balances out.

i say this as somebody who used to be overly intimidated by stepping into weight rooms. it's just a pointless attitude to have.
i know i know. its just a hard shell to break. being small and all...another thing is is that ive never been a regular at the schools rec center so im not really sure how all of it works....i would go by myself and i wouldnt have a spotter because i dont want to end up relying on going with someone all the tiem so i would prefer to go alone
10:09 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old

The protein in peanut butter is too incomplete to be a good source of it. Also it 's loaded with trans fat

you best be taking natural peanut butter
10:10 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
imirish06
Adam.
PA
Male - 30 Years Old
don't buy that. you can do crunches and pushups. but saying pushups aren't useful is silly. and i wouldn't suggest using weights with pushups or crunches. you don't need weights.

If he wants to build muscle, he needs weights.
10:10 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old

Thanks for the advice, dude.

then i strongly suggest not checking every day. even every other day, or every three or four days.

you just need to know that if you're doing what you need to be, results will happen. they won't overnight, but they will. if you get too caught up in a number you'll lose faith in that fact and stop doing what you need to be doing.
Yeah, I just gotta keep doing it.
10:11 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
The protein in peanut butter is too incomplete to be a good source of it. Also it 's loaded with trans fat

you best be taking natural peanut butter
where can you get natural pb....like dominicks or soemthing
10:11 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
LeftWideOpen
not another brick in the wall.
boston
Male - 29 Years Old
but yeah, anyone care to answer my question i posed earlier on coffee? what are the health risks associated w/ besides dehydration?

i'm not being a smartass, i just drink anywhere from 4-6 cups of it a day so I'm very interested to hear about it from someone who knows more about it. I've always been under the impression that it just leads to dehydration, so I've always balanced it out w/ a ton of water.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos