AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Myspace News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Time and Distance Post Two New Songs

Posted by - 04:20 PM on 05/18/09
In anticipation to their new album, out July 14th via Not Alone Records, Time And Distance have posted two new songs from the upcoming album titled Gravity on their new myspace. Check out “First Time Caller, Long Time Listener” and “Away We Go” there.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
05:27 PM on 05/18/09
nfgtbs13
OnALighterNote
User Info.
This band is great. I hope this cd lives up to my expectations.
05:35 PM on 05/18/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
Really good band
05:35 PM on 05/18/09
cupcakechris
User Info.
these songs are awesome!! i cant wait for the album!!
06:31 PM on 05/18/09
birtcho
is...
User Info.
lost their acoustics
07:01 PM on 05/18/09
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
lost their acoustics
thats what sold me on this band was the acoustics.

"Pretend you don't know" is such a good song.
08:15 PM on 05/18/09
bensATLsummer08
Every Week is Shark Week
User Info.
And now they sound just like everyone else...
08:32 PM on 05/18/09
greganddistance
User Info.
And now they sound just like everyone else...
while certainly i/we do appreciate your feelings, you gotta realize a couple of things -- you're hearing two songs from a twelve song album. the other side of that is that, you're right- this record is mostly electric, it's mostly uptempo, and it's mostly loud. the reason for that being that after SIX years of writing acoustic songs, playing acoustic shows, being compared to acoustic bands / artists that we never felt we sounded anything like, we wanted to try something new. think of it like every other band you like makes one or two records you love and then they make that acoustic record that at first weirds you out but you eventually learn to be into it just the same... we kind of just did the reverse of that. we're pretty confident that this is a record our old fans will like, while still exploring new musical ground and also putting ourselves out there to be exposed to a potential new audience.

however, if you're still bummed on the lack of acoustic-ness after you hear the whole thing, i can tell you that there's gonna be an acoustic ep in the works before the end of the year. we wanna be the band that can do everything, not the band that just does one thing.

either way, thanks for listening!
09:20 PM on 05/18/09
GeekChicOhio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was about to say "Holy shit, Greg McGowan went acoustic." But it's already been said, so instead I'll just say this:

This band has paid their dues 10x over. Support them!
11:18 PM on 05/18/09
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
It sounds really good. I'm really enjoying First Time Caller, Long Time Listener in particular.
04:59 AM on 05/19/09
derekmoyer4
----
User Info.
i have enjoyed this band for many years. i am really looking forward to this album.
06:08 AM on 05/19/09
theguilt engine
i'm back.
User Info.
"away we go" by Valencia is better. just when I thought they couldn't get worse...
01:43 PM on 05/20/09
bensATLsummer08
Every Week is Shark Week
User Info.
while certainly i/we do appreciate your feelings, you gotta realize a couple of things -- you're hearing two songs from a twelve song album. the other side of that is that, you're right- this record is mostly electric, it's mostly uptempo, and it's mostly loud. the reason for that being that after SIX years of writing acoustic songs, playing acoustic shows, being compared to acoustic bands / artists that we never felt we sounded anything like, we wanted to try something new. think of it like every other band you like makes one or two records you love and then they make that acoustic record that at first weirds you out but you eventually learn to be into it just the same... we kind of just did the reverse of that. we're pretty confident that this is a record our old fans will like, while still exploring new musical ground and also putting ourselves out there to be exposed to a potential new audience.

however, if you're still bummed on the lack of acoustic-ness after you hear the whole thing, i can tell you that there's gonna be an acoustic ep in the works before the end of the year. we wanna be the band that can do everything, not the band that just does one thing.

Understandable. Just thought that you could have taken a different electric direction. Maybe still encorporated acoustic stuff in the songs as well, sort of like Rookie of the Year did on The Goodnight Moon, but with a Time and Distance vibe. The songs were solid, just didn't stand out to me in any way. I'll still check out the album though and maybe after a few listens I'll start feelin it more. I have always liked your lyrics, so if theres one thing I'm excited for in the album, it's that. If those are good enough, it just might win me over.
07:43 PM on 05/21/09
birtcho
is...
User Info.

cant wait for the acoustic ep haah
09:41 PM on 06/18/09
theguilt engine
i'm back.
User Info.

hey we're a band that sucks, and we change our sound to appeal to more people. also, we just sound like a terrible version of hit the lights. this new record sucks ass so far.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos