AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Microsoft News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 130.
11:36 AM on 05/27/09
ScarsLikeStars
User Info.
i'm runnin w my old school ipod at the moment and was about to upgrade, but i might have to go w this depending on what kind of functionality it'll have w my xbox. and it must be quite spacious.
11:47 AM on 05/27/09
!?!
bahahaha
User Info.
sick
11:57 AM on 05/27/09
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
itouch much, microsoft? unless they wanna start innovating, microsoft should stick to their trouble-ridden operating systems (which they also don't show much innovation). oh well, why should i care? just keepin' up with technology.
11:59 AM on 05/27/09
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
also, they're integrating it with the x-box for features, but not a pc, which, to me, seems like it would reach a far larger demographic.
12:01 PM on 05/27/09
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
The reason OS X will never be able to compete with Windows is because Apple isn't willing to crank out 500 dollar piece of crap hardware to run it on. Affordability quickly becomes a main point in the Mac vs. PC debate.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for.
precisely. apple has "fanboys" for a reason, for one, extremely high customer satisfaction among many, many other crucial things.
12:04 PM on 05/27/09
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
To those wishing for a 120gb+ Zune HD, you will be very disappointed. This will replace the existing flash memory Zune models.
yea, that isn't big enough for a hard drive, it'll also use flash memory like an itouch.
12:15 PM on 05/27/09
po0ty
User Info.
true that. running windows 7 on my mac works extremely well. similar hardware still runs relatively the same price for both platforms. macs are more expensive but a lot of that comes with the exclusivity of OS X and the fact that macs are not packed with junk software and advertisements out of the box. i'll bet that a lot of the smaller cost of a pc comes with the fact that aol/quicken/roxio/etc. pay pc manufactures to put their software on there.
uhh..no. I can build a PC for alot cheaper than going into best-buy and picking out some adware infested shitbox.
12:16 PM on 05/27/09
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
The *crickets* comment was cute, but untrue. Nothing will touch the iPod but the Zune is the best selling competitor and it's a great device (I'd say better than the iPod).

Plus, adding the Zune Marketplace to Xbox Live when this launches is awesome.
12:19 PM on 05/27/09
ChickiManifesto
The Worker Bee
User Info.
Do Want!
12:21 PM on 05/27/09
E5CAP3 ART15T
User Info.
gosh, a little news on the zune and it turns into an all out war between the geeks and the nerds.
12:32 PM on 05/27/09
chrisxxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1.) a Zune could never ever possibly be better than an ipod.

2.) yeah ipods are "hip" cool whatever, Microsoft simply has crappy software and interfaces. windows media player sucks. i still don't know why anybody uses Microsoft computers.
because not everyone can or will shed out 1,000+ for a mac

to me, the only reason why ipods are more popular than the zune is the year difference

ipods have been out way longer than zunes so more than likely everyone has a ipod

i have a zune and i like my zune for the simple fact that it doesn't fuck up as easily as an ipod (yes ipods fuck up pretty fast) when you try to sync music from another computer it doesn't erase what you already had on your mp3 player, now i herd that apple has changed that around to let you choose rather to erase all your old files or to add on but im not sure.

the only thing i have to say about microsofts marketing, is that they come out with stuff almost a year later after apple released whatever they released, if microsoft would release their products around the same time as apple then they might be able to gain more customers, but with the ipod touch already out for almost a year now, i wouldn't see many people buying the zune hd unless it has something amazing in it.
12:36 PM on 05/27/09
crookedneighbor
now with more fiber
User Info.
That looks fucking awesome, but I wouldn't even consider one if it holds less than 120GB.
amen.
12:37 PM on 05/27/09
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
they look sick.
but iPods will always win.
12:43 PM on 05/27/09
dru
i know i got my issues...
User Info.
looks pretty sick haha.
12:50 PM on 05/27/09
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
because not everyone can or will shed out 1,000+ for a mac

to me, the only reason why ipods are more popular than the zune is the year difference

ipods have been out way longer than zunes so more than likely everyone has a ipod

i have a zune and i like my zune for the simple fact that it doesn't fuck up as easily as an ipod (yes ipods fuck up pretty fast) when you try to sync music from another computer it doesn't erase what you already had on your mp3 player, now i herd that apple has changed that around to let you choose rather to erase all your old files or to add on but im not sure.

the only thing i have to say about microsofts marketing, is that they come out with stuff almost a year later after apple released whatever they released, if microsoft would release their products around the same time as apple then they might be able to gain more customers, but with the ipod touch already out for almost a year now, i wouldn't see many people buying the zune hd unless it has something amazing in it.
As someone who's been an iPod user for nearly 6 years, the difference between the Zune and the iPod is the interface. Apple created a simple graphic user interface, which used an extremely familiar menu and a simple button layout.

ALSO, iPod's don't erase when you plug them in another computer, I plug mine into other computers all the time, the only reason that would even happen is if you clicked "ERASE AND SYNC" iPod, which it asks, and has asked since a very early version of iTunes.

The reason Microsoft doesn't come out with things as quick as Apple is because Apple does have a foot in the door, they always have, they have since the first Apple Computer interface, which Microsoft also copied. Microsoft has NEVER been known to innovate, they look at the existing market or buy existing companies and look to reach a mainstream market as opposed to the tiny, loyal fanbase of Apple (which is expanding, thanks to the iPod's success).

The radio, for example, on the Zune is practically a useless feature unless you're looking to stream sporting events, since with the advent of Internet Radio, the possibilities on an iTouch or Google Phone are completely endless, thanks in part to an interface which can be constantly updated, as well as the addition of applications and open-sourcing (to some degree). Unless Microsoft includes the ability to open their Zune HD to developers like Google and Apple has, they will bite the dust. Relying on the X-Box (Microsoft's last breath, in many ways) for integration is 1 step forward and 2 steps back since there is a MASSIVE PC market compared to that of the X-Box, which would allow PC users to access the same features X-Box Live does, which, is also a subscription service.

These poor strategies have doomed Microsoft, they should stick to their tied and true markets (Gaming, Computing, Touch Screen Technology, etc) rather than venture off into markets where they are failing to compete in a competitive market, just as the American Auto Industry has. It's a very similar situation.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests