Username
Password

07:47 AM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
Louisville, KY
Male
The Hope Conspiracy – Sometimes you just need something harder and Death Knows Your Name slams you in the chest sufficiently enough.

The Never – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Antarctica is one of my favorite releases of 2006. A concept album about a farm boy who finds a nuclear bomb and returns it to the city, if you were into Ludo’s Broken Bride this makes that look mundane. For fans of Rilo Kiley, Paul Simon, and Roald Dahl.

The End of The World – Brooklyn garage rock band that recently released their debut full-length on the indie-hip, Flameshovel Records.

Matt & Kim – Atom & His Package for young, good looking nerds.

Blast From The Past:

Finch – I had forgotten how much I loved Finch back when they first released What It Is To Burn. Spinning that disc made me more than a little nostalgic. What’s weirder is that I’ve never listened to a second of Say Hello To Sunshine and I likely won’t. I’m not usually one for dogging a band out on personal experiences, but after WIITB came out I saw Finch live 3 times in the span of a year and Nate was less than friendly each time. Recommended Track: “Without You Here”

Read:

Toilet (Chapter 1)

Description: Aric Page is "haunted" by his past and uncertain of his future. Relatively fresh from the local mental health facility, Aric is unsure he can live on the outside.

This is my latest story. Not sure where it's going, or if I'll even finish it online (I've got about 40 pages left in the collection of short stories I'm writing). However, if you were into my other stories and are interested in what I've been writing lately, this is it. Be sure to check out the YouTube trailer I made for it at the link below as well. The eerie track playing in the background is “Healthy Kids” by Respira. Feedback is always welcome.

SUPER AMAZING Toilet Trailer
08:50 AM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
Steve Henderson
Retired
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 32 Years Old
Did you see Ludo aigned to Island Records?
09:07 AM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
Louisville, KY
Male
Did you see Ludo aigned to Island Records?

I did. Don't get me wrong, I really liked that EP. Though, they were less than pleased with the review I gave it. Apparently, I misinterpreted what the religious aspect of it all.
10:20 AM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
monkeyboyrock
is a fargin icehole!!!
Post Falls, ID...
Male - 34 Years Old
Has anybody read Dr. Frank's novel King Dork??? I just started it a couple of days ago, but its got to be one of the most entertaining reads I've come across in a while. Check it out...it'll be under the name Frank Portman.
10:26 AM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
Louisville, KY
Male
Has anybody read Dr. Frank's novel King Dork??? I just started it a couple of days ago, but its got to be one of the most entertaining reads I've come across in a while. Check it out...it'll be under the name Frank Portman.

I keep meaning to look for that at my local bookstore. I've heard really good things and I love The Mr. T Experience.
03:30 PM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
TyroneShoolaces
Oak Forest, IL
Male
Russ i'm pretty sure you were the one that recommended Her Space Holiday like a month ago....thanks so much. They are fucking amazing.
03:43 PM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
Louisville, KY
Male
Russ i'm pretty sure you were the one that recommended Her Space Holiday like a month ago....thanks so much. They are fucking amazing.

Ha, I saw your post in the news thread. It wasn't me, unfortunately.
07:31 PM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
TyroneShoolaces
Oak Forest, IL
Male
Ha, I saw your post in the news thread. It wasn't me, unfortunately.

OH NOZ!
07:54 PM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
Steve Henderson
Retired
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 32 Years Old
Haha, I love your username.
09:06 PM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
ilovebsb
russ man! you're always dead on with sunday recs. its pretty sweet!
11:18 PM on 10/08/06 
User Info.
monkeyboyrock
is a fargin icehole!!!
Post Falls, ID...
Male - 34 Years Old
I keep meaning to look for that at my local bookstore. I've heard really good things and I love The Mr. T Experience.

I got my copy at Interpunk...if that helps.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos