AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Modern Life Is War - My Love, My Way Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 9.25
Production 8
Creativity 7.75
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 83%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 9.13
Lyrics 9.88
Production 8.63
Creativity 9.13
Lasting Value 9.25
Reviewer Tilt 9.5
Average: 92%
Inside AP.net

Modern Life Is War - My Love, My Way

Reviewed by: Pat Marquez (10/12/06)
Through out my career as a student I have taken a lot of classes ranging from Math, English, Journalism, etc. One class that I have always enjoyed was History. I loved learning about these larger then life characters - Henry Ford, Malcom X, Franklin Roosevelt, and we could almost certainly name a million more. You could always find a story of the underdog rising up and taking charge. It was always intriguing to read about how governments were formed and how they failed. History is more or less one big entertaining narrative. You see the ups and downs, the positives and the negatives. History is important because our past has a habit of repeating itself, when it really shouldn't. It is never a tired subject because history is created each second and on many different scales. We should use our precedents as a learning tool of what not to do in the future. However, over and over again you will find us all making the same mistakes. I sometimes feel, as I'm sure many others do as well that we are doomed to make the same gaffe's. Modern Life Is War is a band that is putting focus on the little guy. The Historical theme is not only found amongst the lyrics, but the artwork for the album as well. My Love, My Way is the stand up album of praise for the working man, the minorities, and for the people that came from behind and struggled to make a difference.

Modern Life Is War has literally burst their way onto this scene with more heart and passion then most run of the mill bands that these labels are trying to throw at us. This should not be a band noted just for their clever name, but for their outstanding lyric aptitudes. Through each song vocalist Jeff Eaton spirals through tails of triumph and disappointment. Jeff and the guys have literally seen the world, touring well over 15 nations. They don't make these lyrics up, these guys speak from experience. Having seen the world the band was opened up to the struggles we all face, no matter which side of the globe we live on. This album is the window into what they saw and what they have experienced as a band. This is a history lesson that cannot be overlooked. This is a band that has started from nothing and have made themselves a house hold hardcore band name, around the world. Modern Life Is War re-issued My Love, My Way because it is one hell of a passionate album that speaks directly from the heart. This release is gut wrenching hardcore. If you didn't check the band out the first time they released this album, this re-issue is a must this time around.

Editor : Jaime Durante

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
12:19 PM on 10/12/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Short but sweet and to the point, just like this album.
12:22 PM on 10/12/06
FASSWcore
under lock and key
User Info.
best re-issue of the year so far, at least for me.
12:38 PM on 10/12/06
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Awesome CD. Good review, though a little short on actual stuff about the album. If anyone's interested, I reviewed it for PunkPressOnline.com
01:07 PM on 10/12/06
Heartcore
singforlove
User Info.
very fitting review for a reissue, i recommend this album
01:10 PM on 10/12/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
i prefer Witness to this, still a solid cd and good review.
01:32 PM on 10/12/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
very fitting review for a reissue, i recommend this album
I do as well, very good.
02:27 PM on 10/12/06
yeknom
CEO/Webmaster
User Info.
haven't listened to this yet. i liked witness though.
02:41 PM on 10/12/06
a speedo model
an enthusiast
User Info.
"Modern Life Is Wat"?

very good review. i'll check this out...
02:50 PM on 10/12/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
"Modern Life Is Wat"?

very good review. i'll check this out...
Sorry d00de. Fixed.
04:10 PM on 10/12/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
I find you talk about yourself a lot in your reviews Pat. Not a big deal, but personally, I find it a little annoying.
To each their own, with my reviews I try to make a relation. I find that it is easier to comprehend things when you do that. I try to level with the readers and share an experience. I explain why I feel connected with the album in hopes that you will understand why I enjoy or it do not enjoy it. You find it annoying, oh well!
07:34 PM on 10/12/06
abcdefghijennie
"but you don't eat your shoes."
User Info.
Awesome record, awesome review.

And I think including personal experiences in reviews is a plus. Then it's more like the review is talking to you, not at you.
09:10 PM on 10/12/06
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I love Witness, this is good too.
09:40 PM on 10/12/06
WakingTheMisery
<3
User Info.
I prefer Witness but love both albums.
10:04 PM on 10/12/06
G.rex
King of the Dinosaurs
User Info.
I feel like I learned more about your opinions on the importance of taking history classes than I did about this album. In addition, I'd hope that the band did "make these lyrics up," as anything else would be plagiarism. Overall, this was an entertaining review, though far less informative or specific than I might have hoped.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums