Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 26 of 26.
03:10 PM on 10/26/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
this sounds nothing like antenna or the strokes
You are right. I didn't even say it sounded like Antenna. And I said it had a Strokes feel to it.
03:11 PM on 10/26/06
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
You were so blown away with this album that you gave it a 79%? Woot.

79% is almost 80% and 80% is a positive score. And a "B" is usually considered above average.
03:19 PM on 10/26/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
79% is almost 80% and 80% is a positive score. And a "B" is usually considered above average.
Ah gotta get used to it. He is pretty mild compared to some of our other "angry" readers. I figure something mentally is fucked up because these boys and girls rarely ever have something positive to say. I guess with age these whacks get more pissy.
03:24 PM on 10/26/06
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Ah gotta get used to it. He is pretty mild compared to some of our other "angry" readers. I figure something mentally is fucked up because these boys and girls rarely ever have something positive to say. I guess with age these whacks get more pissy.

Hah. Awesome. I'll remember that. People have been nice so far, but my time is probably running short.
03:57 PM on 10/26/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
True enough. We have different tastes, mine I find a little more palatable. Nevertheless...

As for that "angry reader" comment, I hope I don't come across that way. I would understand if this were one of many different varieties of music you enjoyed, but it always seems you review hardcore albums, which, correct me if I'm wrong, makes you just as narrowminded as me. One positive comment I have for bands like this is that they are definitely musically talented. I just feel that they use it in almost the worst possible way.

As for the score, if an album blew me away, I would give it at least a 90%. I would consider a 79% a little above mediocre. But that's up to you. Am I allowed to review albums? Maybe I should give it a shot sometime and you can be as frank with me as I am with you.
I would love to see your reviews. I actually really like the fact that you wrote that out. This really gives me a different angle of view. However, this is not a hardcore album. Have you checked out Comets On Fire? They may be different, but isn't hardcore.

What you may not know is that I started as a reviewer to primarily to hardcore, metal, and all the variations. What you also may not know is that I own every single Iron & Wine album release, I have a steady Jimmy Eat World collection, I own all The Ataris albums, I own all The Movielife records, I own all Saves The Day records...

You are very much so entitled to your opinion, I just don't like how you come across. I know that I am not holier than thou or the most positive person on this web page by any means, but I still try to be respectful. You have been for the most part, I just feel like sometimes you are taking pot shots ya know? Brodsky's release was great, and it did blow me away... for more then one reason. Maybe I was taken back by it, I am still not sure yet. But I don't think it was deserving of a 90 percent... Don't pay attention to the numbers, that's all they are.
04:34 PM on 10/26/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Cool cool. Maybe I will try it out. And good responses, at least you make sense most of the time in explaining your opinions.

And hey, I just heard a song called "Sallow" by Stephen Brodsky. Very nice.
Word, yeah dude I am sorry man you really aren't that big of a dick like some of these kids. I guess I was just offended because you didn't like the music I was writing about. That's stupid, haha. Awesome, stoked that you checked out and dug it. Let me know if you check out any of his other shit.
04:53 PM on 10/26/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I like thecitylights - seems like a level-headed dude.
08:52 PM on 10/26/06
lostintheair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I didn't even say it sounded like Antenna.
first person who replied did though
10:56 PM on 10/27/06
WakingTheMisery
<3
User Info.
first person who replied did though

Let it go. Who cares.
04:58 PM on 10/28/06
lostintheair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fuck off, i was just clarifying