Password

Album Review

The Drop Dead, Gorgeous - The Hot 'N Heavy Album Cover

The Drop Dead, Gorgeous - The Hot 'N Heavy

Reviewed by
Drop Dead, Gorgeous - The Hot 'N Heavy
Release Date: June 2, 2009
Record Label: Suretone Records
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
03:32 PM on 06/23/09
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
Words can't even begin to discribe my dislike of this band.
08:35 PM on 06/23/09
simensays
User Info.
Great Review. All i see on this site is people complaining about his voice, and simply the band. i don't think they gave this band much of a listen. Your review knocked the nail right on the head. Personally, Dirtier Than You Want To Know is the only song you named that I really enjoyed, the album is really catchy. Personally I found Southern Lovin to be the catchiest track i've heard in a long time, and Internet Killed The Video Star does not trail behind too far.
Ok i fibbed, Beat The Devil is a sic catchy song.

Stills seems to be hitting higher notes on this album. I still prefer In Vogue because it was so crazy, and his scream sounded just so unique. The Hot N' Heavy's screams sound very similar to that of Spencer Chamberlain of Underoath (atleast when he gets those low screams)- Not saying that's a bad thing, just In Vogue he had his own unique style that I was so fond of.

Still, great album,(no pun) it's my favorite in the genre that has fallen to waste.
Again, great review.
03:00 AM on 06/24/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good review. I for one, really like this album.
06:25 AM on 06/24/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
i dont see why so many people hate them so, i still enjoy them, cant sit through a whole record though.
08:04 AM on 06/24/09
valoo
User Info.
Love the cd, similar to Go West young man
08:31 PM on 06/24/09
TotalCollapse
You are my blanked out pages.
User Info.
I've never been a fan of this band. The screamer sounds like he's 10.
08:35 PM on 06/24/09
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
i dont see why so many people hate them so, i still enjoy them, cant sit through a whole record though.
I'll give you a reason. People constantly bitch about The Devil Wears Prada, a band with talent, and far less people bitch about DDG, an overtly cliche band with a vocalist(as said by Marie) who sounds like a 10 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Is that good enough?
12:52 AM on 06/25/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
I'll give you a reason. People constantly bitch about The Devil Wears Prada, a band with talent, and far less people bitch about DDG, an overtly cliche band with a vocalist(as said by Marie) who sounds like a 10 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Is that good enough?
i guess it does but i like tdwp alot too.
01:02 PM on 06/25/09
texasuckfest
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so metal, it makes your car breakdown... not
04:56 PM on 06/25/09
chelseaxsmilexD
AP.net's official punching bag
User Info.

Is that good enough?
tdwp is amazing! reptarr!!! garr... anyway.. souther lovin' is grate~!~ fans of this review should check out my from first to last, dear diary... review...
04:59 PM on 06/25/09
chelseaxsmilexD
User Info.
I've never been a fan of this band. The screamer sounds like he's 10.
hey that is an insult to all ten year olds... though i like this band, he sounds like he didn't go through puberty/
05:38 PM on 06/25/09
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
tdwp is amazing! reptarr!!! garr... anyway.. souther lovin' is grate~!~ fans of this review should check out my from first to last, dear diary... review...
So you don't like TDWP, yet you like Drop Dead, Gorgeous?

Oh, From First to last should never be compared to Alexisonfire or From Autumn to Ashes.
08:12 PM on 06/25/09
chelseaxsmilexD
User Info.
So you don't like TDWP, yet you like Drop Dead, Gorgeous?

Oh, From First to last should never be compared to Alexisonfire or From Autumn to Ashes.
maybe you should learn to read, because i said tdwp is amazing. I love them. i like dd,g. like being the operative word. Also, I said that FATA and Alexisonfire were different than FFTL because they strayed from the Saosin-esque/Escape The Fate salable formula of having heavier songs being balanced out by angsty ballads like Emily.
08:17 PM on 06/25/09
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
maybe you should learn to read, because i said tdwp is amazing. I love them. i like dd,g. like being the operative word. Also, I said that FATA and Alexisonfire were different than FFTL because they strayed from the Saosin-esque/Escape The Fate salable formula of having heavier songs being balanced out by angsty ballads like Emily.
Well, given what you said afterwards, I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos