Password

Album Review

Blink-182 - Untitled Album Cover

Blink-182 - Untitled

Reviewed by
Blink-182 - Untitled
Record Label: Geffen Records
Release Date: November 18, 2003
This review is a user submitted review from jtresk26. You can see all of jtresk26's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
11:15 AM on 07/27/09
HelloxAlone
stay lucky, stay free
User Info.
Good review, but nothing about Stockholm Syndrome!?
That had to be my album favorite. (:
09:39 PM on 07/27/09
Little Ferret
Play that tune
User Info.
I would rated it a tad higher.

No mention of Stockholm Syndrome? It's my favorite song on the album.
I love Violence as well, especially the opening.
01:12 AM on 07/28/09
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
Lol, 90% .
06:47 AM on 07/28/09
fobmcrafi6
down with the fad
User Info.
really good review, the album is one of my favorites along with the band of course. and i do agree that it s the personal side of blink 182, but best cd of the decade,,, maybe out of top 100 while Dude Ranch surpasses this blink album and M&Ms as the best song IMO.
11:54 AM on 07/28/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
No.
10:02 PM on 07/29/09
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
11:23 AM on 07/30/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
1. Bad writing, too much track by track and most of the review is focused on "Feeling This" alone.

2. The ratings are absurd. 9 for musicianship? Tom is one of the worst guitarists in the genre and Mark's bass playing is nothing special. Vocals also should have been bumped lower (for Tom's annoying whiny voice and the fact that they can't sing for shit live).

3. Did we really need to review this album? I'm pretty sure everyone on this site has heard this album before, or know of blink and their reputation.

4. I just really don't like Blink.
12:59 PM on 07/30/09
jtresk26
Tambourine Jamboree
User Info.
1. Bad writing, too much track by track and most of the review is focused on "Feeling This" alone.

2. The ratings are absurd. 9 for musicianship? Tom is one of the worst guitarists in the genre and Mark's bass playing is nothing special. Vocals also should have been bumped lower (for Tom's annoying whiny voice and the fact that they can't sing for shit live).

3. Did we really need to review this album? I'm pretty sure everyone on this site has heard this album before, or know of blink and their reputation.

4. I just really don't like Blink.
In response to what you said:
-You state that you don't like Blink, so you have a bias against them. I like Blink so I have a bias for them, but when I reviewed this, I tried to keep that out of my writing, but some came out in the open. I could give a fuck if people already know about the album, I was just having doing this. Who cares about the voices when they play live? This is a STUDIO album, so that was a failed point against them and I was judging their voices based on the STUDIO album, not live. Lighten the fuck up, I only wanted to do this for fun, so stop taking yourself so seriously and stop trying to degrade other people's fun.
01:19 PM on 07/30/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
In response to what you said:
-You state that you don't like Blink, so you have a bias against them. I like Blink so I have a bias for them, but when I reviewed this, I tried to keep that out of my writing, but some came out in the open. I could give a fuck if people already know about the album, I was just having doing this. Who cares about the voices when they play live? This is a STUDIO album, so that was a failed point against them and I was judging their voices based on the STUDIO album, not live. Lighten the fuck up, I only wanted to do this for fun, so stop taking yourself so seriously and stop trying to degrade other people's fun.
It's your own fault if you can't handle criticism. The ratings are ridiculous and your writing is nothing special. Obviously you should take off points for them not having good voices because that's what that rating is for. The only reason they sound this way on the album is because of pitch correction technology. And the only talented member of the band is Travis Barker, so a 9 for musicianship is...well....it's wrong. More like a 5 or a 6, which is still a little high.

Your bias definitely affected your review and it could use some editing.
01:19 PM on 07/30/09
Burn That Shit
a strange turn of events
User Info.
90%? Are you okay?
06:10 PM on 07/30/09
DuracellBunny97
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it isn't untitled, it's self-titled
10:49 PM on 07/30/09
jtresk26
Tambourine Jamboree
User Info.
It's your own fault if you can't handle criticism. The ratings are ridiculous and your writing is nothing special. Obviously you should take off points for them not having good voices because that's what that rating is for. The only reason they sound this way on the album is because of pitch correction technology. And the only talented member of the band is Travis Barker, so a 9 for musicianship is...well....it's wrong. More like a 5 or a 6, which is still a little high.

Your bias definitely affected your review and it could use some editing.
I can handle criticism, but what you said isn't criticism, it's a bias against them. You didn't really state anyting with thought. I could care less about what you think because you won't change my opinion of them or any of their albums, as you won't care about mine. Plus, I said that some of my bias affected the review of the album, so thanks for stating what has been already said.
07:17 AM on 07/31/09
Piss
Oh Noes!
User Info.
terrible album
10:46 AM on 07/31/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
I can handle criticism, but what you said isn't criticism, it's a bias against them. You didn't really state anyting with thought. I could care less about what you think because you won't change my opinion of them or any of their albums, as you won't care about mine. Plus, I said that some of my bias affected the review of the album, so thanks for stating what has been already said.
Whatever. Just saying, you should read the other comments telling you a 90% is absurd for this album. That should tell you something.

And you can write these reviews for fun without sacrificing quality.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos