AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Victory Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Random Interview - 1997

Posted by - 05:34 PM on 08/10/09
Today's daily interview from the random questionnaire offered to any and all bands comes from 1997. You can read the interview here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
05:38 PM on 08/10/09
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Can't wait for the album, these guys (girl) are one of my favorite bands.

Edit: Okay they're starting some beef on that one answer. It's worse bands out there then CIWWAF and Boys Like Girls. And calling Fall Out Boy Bullshit? I like these guys but I don't like when bands talk shit about other bands. Talk shit about crunkcore if you want to bash something...
06:07 PM on 08/10/09
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
yea, i mean i love this band but they don't need to talk shit come on..
06:10 PM on 08/10/09
taixlove
User Info.
yeah, i'm not feeling that answer too much. totally unnecessary.
06:12 PM on 08/10/09
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
I adore these guys. I love how every time they get asked where the name comes from they give a different story too =p I never want to know for sure where it came from.

Also, I love their answer to #6
06:14 PM on 08/10/09
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
$100 says that everyone who is saying they shouldn't be saying Fall Out Boy/Panic!/CIWWAF/BLG suck slates bands they don't like all the time.
06:25 PM on 08/10/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
$100 says that everyone who is saying they shouldn't be saying Fall Out Boy/Panic!/CIWWAF/BLG suck slates bands they don't like all the time.
There is a huge difference between saying you don't like a band and saying that Fall Out Boy do not play or sing on their records.
06:30 PM on 08/10/09
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
i was going to say i liked their answers until the bullshit about fob and panic. are they really trying to say that fob does not sing/play on their cds? :|
i have yet to see one of these interviews where the band doesn't end up looking ignorant or like assholes (or both). great concept, but just..ugh.
06:31 PM on 08/10/09
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
I would've been better if they just addressed the lack of genuine musicianship in the industry today instead of calling out bands specifically. But I do love 1997.
06:34 PM on 08/10/09
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
It’s one thing to not like a band, but it’s like they’re implying that, just because a band writes catchy pop music they have no talent. Then they take a picture with Jeffree “Fucking” Starr…I mean…come on guys!
06:38 PM on 08/10/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
1997 are gangstas for talking shit about other better bands to feel better about themselves

but in all seriousness, 1997 are so sloppy live. Cute & FOB are always on target when i see them live

wish more bands would use their answer for #6 haha
08:28 PM on 08/10/09
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
This may be a little OT but I really don't understand how J* ends up being "friends" with so many legit people. How are they so accepting of him when he is an embodiment of what the fuck is wrong with not only the industry, but a lot of the "scene" in general. And I'm not talking about his appearance because I could not care less about that. I'm talking about his attitude and how he treats others.

It's not "funny" or "ironic". It's plain ignorant, obnoxious and disrespectful.

It sickens me.
08:31 PM on 08/10/09
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
This may be a little OT but I really don't understand how J* ends up being "friends" with so many legit people. How are they so accepting of him when he is an embodiment of what the fuck is wrong with not only the industry, but a lot of the "scene" in general. And I'm not talking about his appearance because I could not care less about that. I'm talking about his attitude and how he treats others.

It's not "funny" or "ironic". It's plain ignorant, obnoxious and disrespectful.

It sickens me.
It sickens me too.
11:17 PM on 08/10/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I like the band, but I sense some jealousy that those other bands are bigger than them.
12:11 AM on 08/11/09
LizzWillis
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think it's a big deal that they talk shit on bands like fall out boy or boys like girls. That's their opinion on them. We all have our opinions. It's whatever.

I don't think there is jealousy because these bands are bigger than them. Maybe they're just pissed because they hardly get recognition for the music they make. It's damn good music, too. They all have talent flowing through them, go to one of their shows.

I don't get what the big deal about Jeffree either. They aren't saying anything about loving Jeffree's music. They're friends with him, so what?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos