Password

Album Review

Breathe Carolina - Hello Fascination Album Cover

Breathe Carolina - Hello Fascination

Reviewed by
Breathe Carolina - Hello Fascination
Record Label: Fearless Records
Release Date: August 18, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from lemontie. You can see all of lemontie's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
08:21 PM on 08/18/09
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I find it troubling that anyone would use the word "post-hardcore" to describe this band.
05:58 AM on 08/19/09
iamnuwave
It's A New Era Right Now....
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i don't give a shit. Music and entertainment in general is all relative.

(PS. Before i go on, I actually like Breathe Carolina alot, but I myself can't get into Watchout There Ghost)

But anyway, i fuckin loved this album. I'm actually impressed by Tripped and Fell In Portland. Even though that's probably as generic as you can get with that sound, (i don't know i only listen to Electro/House/Dance etc), but it's starting to get me more interested in how real Post-Hardcore bands do it.

Take Me To Infinity, not only reminds me of Kanye (just a little), but actually surprise DAFT PUNK! And that's why i like it, not because it sounds like something, but because they've acheived that affect (IN MY EYES) to get that vibe.

The ones i really liked were, Hello Fascination, Take Me To Infinity. I.D.G.A.F, The Dressing Room, Tripped and Fell In Portland, and My Obsession, and Rescue.

Why does everyone like Velvet, i think that song is the worst song they've done lolol and i'm a fan. But overall i like it.
09:43 AM on 08/19/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I find it troubling that anyone would use the word "post-hardcore" to describe this band.
I agree with that, but it's seriously the sound they were trying to pull off. Or at least, that's how it seemed to me. I'm not sure what else I could call it.
01:06 PM on 08/19/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
I agree with that, but it's seriously the sound they were trying to pull off. Or at least, that's how it seemed to me. I'm not sure what else I could call it.
I agree with that statement.
01:57 PM on 08/19/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
Quote:
But then again, what's a good electroscream song without some auto-tune?
A sub-decent electroscream song without auto-tune. Which is 3 steps above where it is with the autotune.
02:00 PM on 08/19/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
i don't give a shit. Music and entertainment in general is all relative.

(PS. Before i go on, I actually like Breathe Carolina alot, but I myself can't get into Watchout There Ghost)

But anyway, i fuckin loved this album. I'm actually impressed by Tripped and Fell In Portland. Even though that's probably as generic as you can get with that sound, (i don't know i only listen to Electro/House/Dance etc), but it's starting to get me more interested in how real Post-Hardcore bands do it.

Take Me To Infinity, not only reminds me of Kanye (just a little), but actually surprise DAFT PUNK! And that's why i like it, not because it sounds like something, but because they've acheived that affect (IN MY EYES) to get that vibe.

The ones i really liked were, Hello Fascination, Take Me To Infinity. I.D.G.A.F, The Dressing Room, Tripped and Fell In Portland, and My Obsession, and Rescue.

Why does everyone like Velvet, i think that song is the worst song they've done lolol and i'm a fan. But overall i like it.
This is not real post-hardcore. Listen to Hands, Great Commission, For Today... etc.
02:00 PM on 08/19/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
09:42 AM on 08/20/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
This is not real post-hardcore. Listen to Hands, Great Commission, For Today... etc.
For Today and The Great Comission aren't post-hardcore either so I don't think you should be talking as if you know the genre.

I'm just going to come out and say this: Sometimes you just have to listen to things for what they are and for what Breathe Carolina and their record are, it's not so bad. Sure they use far too much auto-tune than anybody should(though there are far worse abusers) and the screaming is just thrown in there, but it's really not all that bad.
09:54 AM on 08/20/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For Today and The Great Comission aren't post-hardcore either so I don't think you should be talking as if you know the genre.

I'm just going to come out and say this: Sometimes you just have to listen to things for what they are and for what Breathe Carolina and their record are, it's not so bad. Sure they use far too much auto-tune than anybody should(though there are far worse abusers) and the screaming is just thrown in there, but it's really not all that bad.
This is probably why I like the genre to a certain extent.
09:57 AM on 08/20/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
This is probably why I like the genre to a certain extent.
As do I. I have a soft spot for these guys and And Then There Were None. Otherwise there are some pretty terrible bands(Watchout! There's Ghosts) out there.
02:40 PM on 08/20/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Don't copy me.
05:46 PM on 08/20/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
05:47 PM on 08/20/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.

i think i can consider them p.h. if sksk can be...
07:19 AM on 08/21/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
i think i can consider them p.h. if sksk can be...
No, you can't. For Today is straight up metalcore and The Great Comission is more along the lines of deathcore. Not really close to post-hardcore.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos