AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 100
07:36 PM on 10/15/09
Heroin Robot
User Info.
This band fucking sucks. This genre fucking sucks too.

I can't figure out why Drew gets his rocks off giving high scores to these garbage bands that sound exactly the same like all the other shit out there.

Converge sounds like a bunch of idiots banging on trash cans in a basement yelling their heads off. Any group of morons could replicate this kind of music. It has ZERO value.
Wait, before I value your opinion, let us review this: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthre...post55011 902

oh..thats you saying breaking Benjamin is the best modern band...righto
08:02 PM on 10/15/09
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.

I can't figure out why Drew gets his rocks off giving high scores to these garbage bands that sound exactly the same like all the other shit out there.

Converge sounds like a bunch of idiots banging on trash cans in a basement yelling their heads off. Any group of morons could replicate this kind of music. It has ZERO value.
09:05 PM on 10/15/09
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I'll tell you what, why don't you leave a legitimate comment about why you dislike Converge? Then, someone might dignify you with a proper response explaining why their music appeals to some people. If you want to dick around and whine about how "hardcore music just sounds like loud, disjointed noises," then you'd be better served by finding a bunch of equally close-minded friends to agree with you. You can all listen to some simple, Nickelback-esque rock music and circle-jerk each other while you laugh about how dumb it is to use shifting meters and screaming in music. Hell, if you can't rock a head bang at a steady 4/4 rhythm, then what the hell is the point of the music in the first place? Amirite???
09:57 PM on 10/15/09
TheBaroness
User Info.
Good review, Drew.

I think most people's verdict on this album hinges on whether they like the last two tracks. Personally, I enjoy them, but I understand how people could take the opposite view, particularly when they don't even sound like typical Converge songs.
10:50 PM on 10/15/09
gringosuave
User Info.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it.
Next to Jane Doe, I personally think this is their best album.
07:50 AM on 10/16/09
jtyexists9
We shouldnt have abandoned dreaming
User Info.
My favorite since Jane Doe.
08:57 AM on 10/16/09
willvc
demon fulls my h8
User Info.
Helluva album.
04:33 PM on 10/16/09
Nick_K99
User Info.
Well, it wouldn't be expected that you like this music anyway...why not save the negative flack?

It takes a trained ear to appreciate and decipher good or bad hardcore. It's as simple as that.

EMD?
Dude why are you even on AbsolutePUNK.net if you don't like punk music. I like shit stiring just as much as the next guy, but seriously go elsewhere or give it a rest, you Keyboard Cowboy
11:01 PM on 10/16/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Dude why are you even on AbsolutePUNK.net if you don't like punk music. I like shit stiring just as much as the next guy, but seriously go elsewhere or give it a rest, you Keyboard Cowboy
Are you sure you meant to send me that message?
01:52 AM on 10/17/09
Nick_K99
User Info.
Are you sure you meant to send me that message?
my bad man, quoted the wrong guy
10:48 AM on 10/17/09
vincentgrippi
user title
User Info.
Excitement.
01:28 PM on 10/17/09
Press1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Exactly WHO are you comparing Converge to, if they sound similar to another band? If you haven't noticed, no two Converge albums sound alike, so I'm pretty damn sure it's extremely hard to match Converge with another band if their sound changes from album to album.

And ZERO value? These guys are legendary, if you also haven't noticed. Plus, these guys are critically acclaimed. Any of the low reviews are from ignorant morons like you, who think screaming is the bane of music, albeit the fact that there's probably stronger emotion invoked in metal than there is in the shit you hear on the radio, like...BREAKING BENJAMIN, perhaps?

Get your ignorant ass out of the metal genre, take your wannabe hard rock bands like Breaking Benjamin elsewhere, please.

Oh yeah, before you fall off your chair, let me tell you: Record sales does NOT necessarily yield quality music.
11:06 PM on 10/18/09
summer skin
User Info.
album's just ok.
09:10 AM on 10/19/09
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
Anyone car to tell me what I can compare these guys to musically? I think I might like these guys, but I want a good basis before I go searching for them while at school.
02:51 PM on 10/19/09
Kadugen
as if we were a sinkin' ship...
User Info.
kicked my balls

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT