AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Arms and Sleepers Need Your Help

Posted by - 04:02 PM on 11/25/09
Arms and Sleepers is trying to raise some money. Donating will get you some cool things from the guys.

Submitted by chooit

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
04:21 PM on 11/25/09
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
donating money and getting things is really just "buying."

but those seem pretty cool
05:05 PM on 11/25/09
untitled2112
G-Sniper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sell owl pictures

edit: PAINTINGs
06:16 PM on 11/25/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
I'm starting to see a trend here. People can't afford to play music for a living anymore. I wonder how that happened... Needless to say, the entire death of the music industry is going to have a negative impact on the quality of the music that's being released. It's sad, really.
06:23 PM on 11/25/09
untitled2112
G-Sniper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm starting to see a trend here. People can't afford to play music for a living anymore. I wonder how that happened... Needless to say, the entire death of the music industry is going to have a negative impact on the quality of the music that's being released. It's sad, really.
its been happenin bro. prolly just never paid attention back in the day.
06:30 PM on 11/25/09
briantalife
Brian Marquis
User Info.
i disagree, i think it'll thin the heard and only people who truly love what they do for the sake of doing it will be left standing.
06:35 PM on 11/25/09
destroying you
User Info.

False. If by "the death of the music industry" you mean that the numbers of people who are paying for recorded music have fallen, then thus far I completely disagree that the quality of the music has also fallen. This year has been my favourite year for music since 2004- and I'm not an impressionable 16 year old any more.
06:36 PM on 11/25/09
untitled2112
G-Sniper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yo this HAS been a baller year for music. across the board.
06:37 PM on 11/25/09
briantalife
Brian Marquis
User Info.
i love this band and this is an awesome idea and their explanation really helps their cause. i hope they reach their goal. if you haven't seen this band live go see them. i just ordered matador on vinyl.
06:40 PM on 11/25/09
destroying you
User Info.
i love this band and this is an awesome idea and their explanation really helps their cause. i hope they reach their goal. if you haven't seen this band live go see them. i just ordered matador on vinyl.

I wish they were coming a bit nearer to me on their forthcoming tour, then I definately would go and see them.
06:47 PM on 11/25/09
tail_ler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
$200 to have a song written for you that only you will have, i have to say thats kinda cool. I wonder if the buyer gets the rights to the song
07:00 PM on 11/25/09
speedygonz
never enuff
User Info.
This band's name is such a tease because it resembles Armor For Sleep. GAH.
07:21 PM on 11/25/09
DanielJames
User Info.
Never even heard of this band before. I'll have to check them out.
09:27 PM on 11/25/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
its been happenin bro. prolly just never paid attention back in the day.
I was being sarcastic. I see this all the time.

i disagree, i think it'll thin the heard and only people who truly love what they do for the sake of doing it will be left standing.
Yes, so then only the money-makers like Brokencyde and Millionaires are left standing...

False. If by "the death of the music industry" you mean that the numbers of people who are paying for recorded music have fallen, then thus far I completely disagree that the quality of the music has also fallen. This year has been my favourite year for music since 2004- and I'm not an impressionable 16 year old any more.
I have personally, and when I say 'personally', I mean personally, witnessed several artists cease to regularly make music because they are no longer financially capable of doing so. Great, talented artists that can't record or tour because they're broke. The little guy is hurting in this music industry climate, no matter what you're told by AP and Spin magazine. There is a lot of great music not being made right now as a direct result of what is going on.
10:03 PM on 11/25/09
Bi11 Lumburgh
User Info.
the music industry will thin out, but not in a good way, only the pop icons will be left standing because for whatever reason, the general public listens to them, rap artists, nickelback and alike, and pop stars will continue to make money hand over fist, while the little guys continue to struggle, but you can only struggle for so long, do you want to continue to struggle well into your 30's and 40's? It's difficult to have a family while on the road in the first place, and add in the fact that you barely make enough money for yourself to survive, much less a wife and a child, it's nearly impossible, it really is a sad state of affairs

If only the mass public would appreciate talent instead of the length of their bangs, put the music back into MTV, now thats a world that I want to live in

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos